ab xfl 1244, need help

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a local that has one of my old enclosures out of my BMW in his Charger trunk....I can have him drop by and take a few measurements if you are interested......thanks and let me know.......
he is in the cleveland area?

no local to me....sorry....I can take some measurements in person......I know the BMW's old box was 37"w x 13"h and it's wedge shaped but I don't remember the depth.....its in his trunk with two JLs in it and it sounds pretty good......

i dont think i have a tape measure here or id run out and give you some measurements meyself lol. i measuered itonce before but i dont remember what the measurments were for the trunk. but before i even think about gettibn this made. are these subs still in good condition? only pushing around 1000 into each one, plus theve been in a prefabbed pos box, hopefully that doesnt make them broken in weird. ive only set the amp once , when i bought them and they sounded nice no distortion or anything never touched it since but ive noticed they dont sound like they did when they were brand new. maybe it could be the box itself? i would hate to have a box made and end up having to buy a pair of brand new subs lol.

Unless the subs themselves smelled burned or are rattling they are fine......The performance went down on them more than likely because that POS pre-fab started leaking in the seams and coming apart.....A leaking box is bad news for good solid sound....Those XFLs are tough subs to say the least.....I have a local guy that has one in the trunk of his Infinity with 1300 watts on it in a 2.5 cube box and that sub is still stiff after months of use and I think it is screaming for more power...lol

wow . ok lol and i just remembered i have a tape measure in my car haha how convienient, so i ran out there and got some measurements for you. and i noticed why my sound is all weird now.. in the back of the box has that connectors that you plug in the wires well on each side those connector the whole peiece blew out of the back of the box lol.. so maybe thats why my sound is gettin nasty.. ut ne ways here is the measurment if it helps,

14 in height, if i remove the padding that covers the back 6*9 i can have at least 18 inches height

roughly 39 inches in between the wheel wells

38 inchches depth from the top of the back seat to the back of the trunk

45 inches depth from the bottom of the back seat to the back of the trunk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.