ab xfl ?? and sa 12 ??? best price what box and power ratings

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jason Eden
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi I read all over that the sa 12 are 600 watts and will do good in a 4 th order box

when I look at the xfl some say 1000 rms and others say 1500 rms same model name, is there a difference with year model or something " was told these need to be in a ported box " not good in sealed or 4 th order. IS this true Kind of wanted to go 4th order because then its only one small port that has to go through my bed and cab for blow through.

I plan on running an orion 250 hcca " said to put out around 1000 rms " is that good enough or do I need 2 of those or a 2100 hcca

Can you pm me the best price you have found for each so far I found 360 for xfl and 340 for sa. so almost the same price.

thanks for any help. Jason

Both can be had for way less. I will vouch for the xfl power handling. Will take 2k all day long. I wouldn't try that on the sa. You could 4th order the xfl but since it's so stiff new you would need a lot of power to get it moving.

Way less new ? pm me any leads you have on both.

what do you think about amp will I need 2. If you were doing a box in a bed of truck would you do a 4th order or just cut out more metal and use ported box? thanks

its a 88 mazda b2200 plus cab . I want to keep back seats usable for my kids to go to are truck shows. so when I do cut out i need to have port in middle or make a new back panel with a small back just opened up for the speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.