About to pull the trigger, any reason not to buy this unit...

aadadams
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Kenwood DNX9960 with CMOS 300 backup camera to replace the factory Bose system in my 05 Pathfinder. Due to a lack of funds the factory speakers will be used with the head unit for the time being... Purchasing from an authorized dealer who will handle the install. Any reason not to buy this unit? Speak now or forever hold your peace...

OK, you peaked my curiosity! please expand on this. I know there were issues with firmware in early units but the reviews after the update have been positive at least those that I've found. I'm interested in hearing what you have to say though...

good luck

More specifics:

DNX9960 (bought local at $979.99 after a price match on the HU from CarToys.com)

CMOS300

Steering wheel control retention

Adapters, harnesses, and installation

$1910 OTD

Am I paying too much? Last chance to talk me out of it...

After putting in some hardware prices the labor isn't a thousand dollars, but it is pretty high. It's a local shop with an excellent reputation for quality work and customer service. Is this too much for labor?

DNX9960 $980

CMOS 300 $350

Kits and wiring harnesses $100

PACSWIJACK $70

iPod Cable $30

USB Cable $30

Total Hardware $1560

Total Labor $350

I guess they're improving their margin after the price match on the HU... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Oh well, I gave up the right to argue about price when I dropped it off this morning for the INSTALL. I kinda let it go, because shop labor around here is simply more expensive job for job than other regions of the country. Besides, the installers couldn't afford those Audi's and Bimmers if they didn't charge so much, LOL. I can't wait to get it back, so that I can play with it, LOL... I will follow up with pics later!

I looked at the state by state breakdown on the boards and I didn't see much on independents. I tell you what though, when I'm ready to do the coaxial fill, component front stage and amp I'll float it on the board. Could always use those saved bucks for beer... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I looked at the state by state breakdown on the boards and I didn't see much on independents. I tell you what though, when I'm ready to do the coaxial fill, component front stage and amp I'll float it on the board. Could always use those saved bucks for beer... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Always worth a shot. Who knows, maybe there really is no one near you, but you might have a user that doesn't post often and is more of a lurker and pops out of the blue to help you out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.