Adding CLD to existing deadner

Participant count
  • Participant list
You can always do multiple layers of deadener/CLD tiles, There are diminishing returns with each successive layer but if you dont mind the extra weight and cost then its fine.

Thanks bud Got a little rattle so I know with the two Tantric MD's I will need some more deadening. I got 14sq Ft of Kolossus so should help a lot. Here's what I got now..Last picture is a buddies and what I' am shooting for.

It reduces the panel vibration but with strong bass it will still vibrate no matter how much you put on, just not as much. This causes any metal surfaces that are close together to vibrate against each other and cause rattle, you got to pinpoint every problem area and use something like CCF (I used weatherstrip foam tape for my old corolla which was a nightmare rattle trap even 2 layers of deadener could not help) to decouple the surfaces and prevent them from rubbing against each other. You might need to do your rear deck and deaden interior panels too if you have panel rattles.

Yeah thanks for the advice I appreciate it. I only have one rattle spot atm we'll see what rattles when I add 1600 rms lol. The one rattle spot I have now is about where the bottom center circle is on picture 2.

Just a post to update. I added a layer of Knukonceptz Kolossus to the Stinger on the trunk lid and added some foam in strategic locations and it tamed the rattle. It didn't however tame the gorilla trying to escape lol 2200rms thru them 2 MD's shakes the F*** outta my Alero :

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.