Adire Tempest Box Suggestions... (Currently A Big Sonotube)

Participant count
  • Participant list

1980supreme
10+ year member

Canada
I have it in a 9 Cube sonotube with 3, 4" ports tuned to about 19hz and I absolutely love how low it gets and how smooth it is, but i want more output.

Runs off of a BASH 500watt amp and it's obviously a 15

That being said, i don't have a proper bottom on the sub (not high enough off of the floor and it's downfiring on carpet right now) and i haven't played around with placement much...

Should i see what i can do with new box, or should i put a proper base on it and try different placements?

I also have a horn design that i got from HERE... Not sure how it is though as i have no experience with horns.

I've never cared for the sound of horn designs.

Since you have the other box built it really wouldn't be that difficult to add the base and try different placements. Personally I would go with that option, if you can't find something you like, I'm not sure what to tell you.

I've actually personally never heard a horn, so i have no idea what it sounds like...

I just know that in all the horn builds that pop up, everyone's impressed...

Is there any general rule of thumb for how much output i could potentially gain by adding a proper base?

and how much spacing between the sub and base would work best?

All good. adds to the anticipation. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Suppose i could rig something up and see how that goes... i really only have two places i can possibly put it...

front right or left corners... and the rear right wall has a hallway

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.