adjustable aeroports

psychoacoustics
10+ year member

hammer and the evil one
Buffalo NY
figure id bring these to ca.com

this isnt some PVC port its so much more than that they are stronger lighter and far more usable

any size or length from 3-48" in diameter in 1" increments i can do 3,4 and 6" like psp but its a lot more to buy one of mine honestly unless your looking for the adjust-ability buy one of them id hate to see you spend the money needlessly

now if you want a 5" 7" or 9" that's where my port fits in

the 6,8 and 10" pvc is a very cheap alternative also

here is where my port stands out its infinitely adjustable in length as long as the tubes are there

i can make them from steel aluminium or stainless

the flare radius gets bigger as the diameter gets larger to help with laminar airflow

6-10" is a 2" radius

11-15 is 3" radius

16+ is 4" radius

there is a 1" mounting flange that comes standard on them on both ends

i can remove the inner one so it slips through the hole

the adjust by one pipe sliding inside of the other pipe so the extended length is roughly double the compressed length

they can also be made NON ADJUSTABLE at a lower price

here are measurements of them standard i can make alterations to them in really any way you can imagine oval shape flares curved pipes bends triangle port i can do that !

if you arent sure what size port you need post the box size and woofers you have and i can help with sizing

here is a quick port area cheat sheet if you have a box program this shoud help

4" 12.59 sq"

5" 19.62 sq"

6" 28.26 sq"

7" 38.46 sq"

8" 50.24 sq"

9" 63.58 sq"

10" 78.50 sq"

11" 94.98 sq"

12" 113.04sq"

here are the OUTSIDE DIAMETER of the flares

port size /OD flare size including mounting flange

4" 9"

5" 10"

6" 12"

7" 13"

8" 14"

9" 15"

10" 16"

11" 19"

12" 20"

pricing DOES NOT include shipping i can quote through UPS it all shipping will include full replacement insurance for the cost of the port and shipping just in case its crushed lost stolen or not delivered for some reason your covered

if you are looking at the shipping for your self they will ship from 14120 NY and they will be roughly 2" larger than the outer dimensions of the port for packing materials

i can drill mounting holes as many as you want and also provide mounting screws

they can be left bare

basic spray paint finish

finished like a car with bondo and automotive paint

or the stainless can be polished

costs are as follows :

4" 60$

5" 70$

6" 85$

7" 100$

8" 120$

9" 135$

10" 155$

11" 175$

12" 200$

for anything besides the normal adjustable straight round port ask some questions i love to chat about this and will help design a box or port area requirements

th_VID_20120228_091417.jpg
[/url]

2012-10-12_14-46-45_235.jpg

IMG955031.jpg

IMG_20120621_121259.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee266/psychoacoustics/aeroports/VID_20120228_091417.mp4

38inchaero.mp4 video by psychoacoustics | Photobucket

here is the biggest one ive done to date a 19" internal diameter

2012-12-16_18-16-39_942.jpg

if you have any questions ask them here for everyone's benefit

they have been tested to not resonate audibly they are stronger than pvc and wood but if you feel it will be a problem i can include deadener in matt or paste format of my own formula

they have been used in a world record car last year at iasca finals

i have plenty of references of people that have used them if you need to talk to a proud owner ask ill get ya in touch with them

hmm, can you make any bends in them? these are **** and almost make me want to run aeros in my next build. unfortunatly ill have to model to find out how small of an aero is comparable to a 1"X12.5" slot port ~30 inches long. lol

Matt

yes any radius and angle you wanted pretty much if you can think it ill build it

a 1x12.5 port would be a bad idea its too long and narrow but thats 12.5 square inches a 4" diameter pipe is equivalent to that

the port isnt optimal, but it models well and it the only way i can get the tuning i want with the size box i have. andthe aero would essentially have to be bent like this:

Edit: might have to step up to a 5" port. i plan to be playing as low as 18hz and port noise *****.

Matt

I'm looking into an 11" one Bill. Will be for 2 custom hdc3 12s. How high or low on tuning could it be adjusted to?

the port isnt optimal, but it models well and it the only way i can get the tuning i want with the size box i have. andthe aero would essentially have to be bent like this:
Edit: might have to step up to a 5" port. i plan to be playing as low as 18hz and port noise *****.

Matt
I could do that but I'm gonna need a length to get an idea what u need. Not sure high tight the 5" 180* bends could get

Keep going on this one we will need to iron out the details a bit.

I'm looking into an 11" one Bill. Will be for 2 custom hdc3 12s. How high or low on tuning could it be adjusted to?

That's not enough info to answer the question

How many cubic foot is the box?

Do you want it internal? If so how long is the dimension of the box from the side you want the hole on to the opposite wall?

If external are there trunk boundaries or seats that will get in the way?

not sure whos seen these or who im friends with on facebook but here are some things im working on

in these pics there are 2 prototypes ports the one on the left is a 6" the one on the right is an 8"

the left is a super high power it has a very large radius flare rate for ultra low turbulence

the right is for tight clearances such as trunks and crx's that cant break the window line

both have nearly the same mounting size ones almost 12"

i will be offering these in all the same sizes as ive been doing so 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12....19.....all the way to 48"

2013-03-28_19-01-00_559.jpg

2013-03-28_19-01-07_682.jpg

2013-03-28_19-01-29_708.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.