advice before I pull the trigger

paterwdb
10+ year member

Done quite a bit of research and am thinking this is what I'm going to do. I'm trying to build a good sq system for the factory nav hu in an 06 accord. I want sq, solid sound, not too worried about impressing anyone outside of the car. Want to do it once and then be done with it and enjoy it, not piece it together.

Would appreciate opinions on this set up. I really liked the Focals K2 power line, so that was the basis for the rest of it:

front: Focal 165 KRs

rear: Polk db691 (already in, leaving them)

JL Cleansweep

JL G6600 6-channel amp

JL 12" 600w sub

Looks like I can do that for about $1500 from an unauthorized retailer online or about $1900 from Crutchfield.

I liked the Focals, but I'm open to suggestions or thoughts. Want to make sure that amp is enough power, but not too much, and that it is a good balance for the car.

Thoughts?

I was hoping this was a "killing yourself" thread so i could tell you to jump instead. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I was hoping this was a "killing yourself" thread so i could tell you to jump instead. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
me too. dont lead everyone on like that op

It doesn't look like you're going to get serious input, like you were expecting. My vote is that you try another, one of the better controlled car audio sites if you want real input.

Done quite a bit of research and am thinking this is what I'm going to do. I'm trying to build a good sq system for the factory nav hu in an 06 accord. I want sq, solid sound, not too worried about impressing anyone outside of the car. Want to do it once and then be done with it and enjoy it, not piece it together.
Would appreciate opinions on this set up. I really liked the Focals K2 power line, so that was the basis for the rest of it:

front: Focal 165 KRs

rear: Polk db691 (already in, leaving them)

JL Cleansweep

JL G6600 6-channel amp

JL 12" 600w sub

Looks like I can do that for about $1500 from an unauthorized retailer online or about $1900 from Crutchfield.

I liked the Focals, but I'm open to suggestions or thoughts. Want to make sure that amp is enough power, but not too much, and that it is a good balance for the car.

Thoughts?
Ditch the JL sub and look into Image dynamics.

It doesn't look like you're going to get serious input, like you were expecting. My vote is that you try another, one of the better controlled car audio sites if you want real input.
Who the fuck are you ? Shut the fuck up you cocksucking ***. I will rape your fucking dreams. = )

I do like how you were hoping it was a "killing yourself" thread, as if those come up so often and just get in the way of more important things.

Alright, I'll take a second look at sub then. The sub wasn't too important to me so I didn't really pay too much attention.

That amp look alright? Since it is the older (larger) model, it is so cheap right now, I figured it would be an alright compromise to be able to invest in the fronts.

I do have several hand guns. But its that whole eternity in hell thing isn't so attractive to me. Sorry to mislead you guys.

You wont go to hell for killing yourself. Thats a gimmick for the government to keep yanking taxes from you.

Amp should be fine but id get something bigger to have some more overhead power.

Alright, I'll take a second look at sub then. The sub wasn't too important to me so I didn't really pay too much attention.
That amp look alright? Since it is the older (larger) model, it is so cheap right now, I figured it would be an alright compromise to be able to invest in the fronts.

I do have several hand guns. But its that whole eternity in hell thing isn't so attractive to me. Sorry to mislead you guys.
I look up to you for being smart about that whole eternity in hell thing. Never risk getting out of misery by possibly getting into more misery that is more than 100x worse.

Anyways, since I just bought a Fi BTL 18", im gonna promote that you get a BL as they're made for SQ. There may be better for SQ, but I was looking for a mix between SQ and SPL when I got my BTL so I can't comment much else on all out SQ.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.