Advice for Amps.

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigred78797
10+ year member

Audiobahn Junkie
Ok.. im currently looking for an amp to buy. And need suggestions on what to get. Money is not a factor. Ok now for what i need, what ive had, and my limitations. My subs are two Treo SSX 15", each sub is a dual 2 ohm voice coil. They are 2500w RMS... there is no MAX stated. I first ran them off two Audiobahn A8000T's run at 1 ohm... which they aren't stable at and went into thermal protection after 10 mins of heavy pounding but i didn't care i paid 200 bucks for both so about 1000w was maybe put to the subs. After those amps blew i ran them off a single Audioban A8000T just as a temp amp till i got my new amp. The last amp that was on them was a Hifonics Colossus. Beat HARD, but the amp blew... i don't know why but the MOSFET's just blew up.. literally the pieces of the MOSFET's were blown all over the place.. i replace them but to no avail. I was about 30 seconds from buying a hifonics goliath but the ohm loads between the speakers and amp don't mathc up. Im limited in space but Any consciderations will be taken.. I wanna put at least the power of the Colossus to them so 3200w between the two.

cactus sounds 4kw or 5kw if you have the cash. atomic at5000.1 or adassa warlord is very similar to the cactus, both do 5kw @ 1 ohm. crossfire vr4000d if you can find one. fosgate has a 4kw amp. the hifonics line of course. there are some memphis 4000d's in the classifieds. you want that much power in a quality amp, expect to pay 600 if you get an amazing deal, more likely along the lines of 800-1200.

Only problem with alot of the amps is my speaker impedance. Unless my math is wrong i can only wire both my speakers to 8ohms, 2 ohms, and .5ohms and each individual sub at 1ohm and 4 ohms. Soo a 5kw amp will probably put out about 2500w for both subs... Is the colossus the best fit without buying two 2500w amps? Trust me im willing to spend more than 600 bucks on an amp as my last colossus cost me 650 so like i said money is not an object.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.