Aero Port sizes for a Treo SSX 15

Participant count
  • Participant list

dye4metal
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Tampa, Fl
I am building a box that has around 3.3 cubes for on top of my back seat in my truck and going in it is a treo ssx 15, i will have about 1500-1700 RMS going to it so my question is whether i should go with 1 or 2 4" aero ports? and how big, i want the tuning to be about 34hz

according to the port calculator on the aeroport site it says 1 4" port at 7.5" long. seems wrong to me
That's right. The bigger the port is, the longer it's going to need to be. I'd do a single 6" aero as the bare minimum. Using an 8" aero is going to require a good bit of length. It'd be easier to do a slot port that you can easily bend inside the box.

If i were to do a 6" port on my box i would need to invert the sub. Is that alright given the port flare might be too close even at 6" away from the woofer ?

Why would you need to invert the sub? It wont make a difference although. I don't know about about sub/port placement on a box, but I would think its best to have the sub and port as far away from each other as possible. If you have the sub and port close, the sub could unload. Have you considered running the port externally?

You would need a minimum of 4 4s and you would still be undersized for port one six would not be enough. according to treo you want between 15-16 inches per cube running a smaller port would give less performance for the sub. I'm running 2 treo ssx 12s in 5 cubes after displacement with a 10" inch areo hits hard and sound great.

You would need a minimum of 4 4s and you would still be undersized for port one six would not be enough. according to treo you want between 15-16 inches per cube running a smaller port would give less performance for the sub. I'm running 2 treo ssx 12s in 5 cubes after displacement with a 10" inch areo hits hard and sound great.
With aeroports you don't need nearly as much port area as a slot port in order to avoid port noise. Also, with four 4" aeros, explain to me how he's going to fit ~36" long ports in there?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.