air bag suspension

hey chevy 6998 you seem to know alot about air ride suspensions. what would you reccomend for a new system for my town car. i want 1/2" valves at least. have no idea on the rest of the stuff. only things I have installed before are kits.

hey chevy 6998 you seem to know alot about air ride suspensions. what would you reccomend for a new system for my town car. i want 1/2" valves at least. have no idea on the rest of the stuff. only things I have installed before are kits.
Havent done a towncar yet so im not 110% sure of all parts needed but my basic daily driver system would include the listed items below, these parts are practical, fun and durable!

1. bags = (4) slam specialties al least the rs-72 (ill never buy a different brand)

2. regular acryl. 10-switch

3. valves (8) gc 250's

4. shocks

5. lines 50+ feet of 1/2 D.O.T.

6. at least (2) 5 gal. 1/2 in 8 ports D.O.T app. (as long as it totals 10 gal.) f.b.s.s. compression fittings (the push to connects wear out way to fast)

7. bag cups (unless you make yours)

8. some form of rear link setup ( i like 2 links there simple and dont take up space)

9. 5 position digital gauges (i highly recommend, huge help in monitoring suspen.)

10. air aryers/filters for each compressor.

11. at least two viair 100% duty 450's (engine drivens are cool too!)

12. electrical fuses, relays, psi switch, wires, zip-ties, cut off wheels, sawzall blades, etc.

see my car already has air ride on it right now. could I just put the bags in the old bags spots and just find places for the rest of the stuff. would i still need to put a link setup if my old setup had one(not sure haven't been under car yet). i have seen one other town car w/ 20s lay out. it looked sweet.

see my car already has air ride on it right now. could I just put the bags in the old bags spots and just find places for the rest of the stuff. would i still need to put a link setup if my old setup had one(not sure haven't been under car yet). i have seen one other town car w/ 20s lay out. it looked sweet.
Well there would probaly be some fabrication in fitting aftermarket bags (i assume your air ride is factory at this point) but if your going though all the trouble to redo your bags you should revamp your systems with some new parts, ill look into the suspension setup as far as links and front control arms, ill get back to you monday!

EAIExpensive, but nice
true, i do like EAI, theres a bit more planning involved with cylinders/accumilators and such, there kinda harsh for daily drivers and they tend to stick when the weather gets cold, thats why i recommend the new bag over strut setups.

as far as baggin the town car, i would say either struts/cans/or hydros. hydros are sick and honestly are not that big of a trouble, u just gotta know what ur doing and make sure all your fittings are teflon'd right. NOW i would do a 450 (even thought this IS what i own) but i would go the extra yard and go Engine Driven Compressor cuz honestly....its weel worth the 300-400 extra your gunna spend. to get it layed out (im a mini trucker so im hoping u wanna lay out and drag, if not......theres no point to bags) id say its gunna be 4 grand done by a shop. thats just from my knowledge cuz its a WHOLE lot more work than a truck. after kit/link/install if i payed someone to do my mazda, i wouldnt pay less than 3000, but im gunna do it with help of friends. so yah, would be sweet to see done, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE throw down what cash u can on it. im tired of seein hack jobs by places that give "good deals" cuz they say "well help you out bro"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.