Air flow theory, w/badass paint drawing.

lol. That theory might work IF sound waves even remotely worked that way.
You're scoring over 150db and you still think sound works like that?
and your point would make sense if you took high school english/reading.

he is talking about air, not sound waves

Only problem I see is soundwaves don't travel in a circular motion, if I'm not mistaken.

Edit- Now that I re-read it, I can see some truth to the supposed theory. Come to think of it, I believe that is what the guys in the UK and Brazil do similar in the Pandas. I would imagine to get the perfect circular air movement would require undefined testing and experimenting. The sub correlation could be a conflict when the air movement would come into contact with that part. Seeing as the air would be moving in one direction while the woofer was moving another.

There could be a simple way to 1/10th scale testing I would imagine. Water in place of air in a controled environment, or compressed air with dust particles or slight amount of liquid.

whzaqg.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
just draw arrows on that, and it looks like the OP pic. LULZ

and your point would make sense if you took high school english/reading.

he is talking about air, not sound waves
so you're saying the back wave does NOT come out of the port opening //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Also I don't think the sound waves would have enough velocity to just shoot straight up off the roof. Would be interesting to try and test that...

After many years of working in fields concerning flow dynamics I have learned one fundamental thing. Air almost never does what you think/expect it to. The situation you have illustrated IMHO would infact not prove out. Air will always take the path of least resistance. And many things would create variables on its influence. Such as inside/outside temp, iniside obstacles, humidity, speed of vehicle etc. This could easily be mocked up in a garage with smoke instituted for some empiracle static testing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.