air flow vs. textured paint?

I ran my ass across it once.
I've always wanted to try that:D

Instead, I had a brilliant idea to ride from a 3 story roof top to a 2 story roof and slid on my ass.

You think it feels the same?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

In many applications where volumetric efficiency is key smooth surfaces can be counter productive. There are obviously many variables, but smooth surfaces typically have the most surface tension. Considering the air speeds in a sub application I would expect it to be negligable. Sand-casted surfaces will often out perform a smooth bore . Look up Laminar flow for some interesting reading.
You seem quite intelligent sir!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

also think of a golf ball or when nascar started putting dimples in the chambers of cylinder heads to improve airflow.
Until someone builds an enclosure and tests it out smooth and then paints it with textured paint it's pretty much speculation...
Well sort-of...The dimpling in combustion chambers is typically to promote mixture tumble and dispersion...especially at high rpm's.

Another huge influence on flow such as these ports would be entrance and exit shape. You can fool/manipulate things...

There is tons of imperical data on this subject that can be drawn from.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.