Air Going Through The Wrong Vents!!

Qbenjamin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Braavos
I got in my car today and turned on the AC (It was like 80f here) and I noticed that it was blowing cold, but going through the wrong vents. I would turn the dial to blow like in my face and it would go through the upper dash vents and the floor. No matter what I turn it to, it does the same ****. I also noticed that no matter how high I turn it up, the air is almost as if it's holding back. Sounds like it's blowing hard but only comes out of the vents as if it's on the lowest setting. I am thinking that something is wrong with the actuator behind the HVAC controls, but I am stupid to mechanical stuff. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanx.

lol.

pull the knob off,

put it back on in the right position. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lol.
pull the knob off,

put it back on in the right position. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
=)

Sounds like the actuator, and the resistor is bad.

The actuator controls the position to where the air blows, the resistor controls the level of speed the blower motor runs at.

Most of the time the resistor is located inside the blower motor usually 2 screws hold it in. The blower motor is located up above the hush panel on the passenger side of the vehicle.

The actuator = unknown I've never replaced one in a vehicle yet.

If you'd like.. I can give you the exact location of the Actuator. I work for a GM dealer and I have access to Service Information on my computer. Also labor times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif for every vehicle GM has made until 98.

Let me know.

I know how to replace the actuator, as I have the GM Service Info disc. I don't know how to get to it though. Please let me know how to get to it.

=)
Sounds like the actuator, and the resistor is bad.

The actuator controls the position to where the air blows, the resistor controls the level of speed the blower motor runs at.

Most of the time the resistor is located inside the blower motor usually 2 screws hold it in. The blower motor is located up above the hush panel on the passenger side of the vehicle.

The actuator = unknown I've never replaced one in a vehicle yet.

If you'd like.. I can give you the exact location of the Actuator. I work for a GM dealer and I have access to Service Information on my computer. Also labor times //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif for every vehicle GM has made until 98.

Let me know.

hmmm what kind of car is this, i own a buick park avenue and on these cars the air flow will only go through the face vents when the cabin temperature has reached a steady level i dunno why in the hell GM would do that but it happens lol

lol ok well hmmm i doubt newer cars are made that way might be something wrong electroniclly take it to a auto parts store like autozone ask somebody and they should help you out and youll save urself money from taking it to a shop for them checking it out

take it to a auto parts store like autozone
those dipshits dont know their ass from a hole in the ground.

It could also be a broken door itself inside the box. Also there is more than 1 actuator, usaully 3. Dude you are just going to need more diagnosis. If you take it to a GM dealer they could diagnos it, tell you what the problem is and you could try to fix it yourself. They can hook a computer to it and monitor if each motor is turning or not. Or you could pull the dash out and heater box out and look for yourself. It still may be an AC control head problem. Are your controls electronic? Honestly you would be better off taking it to a dealership.

I know how to replace the actuator, as I have the GM Service Info disc. I don't know how to get to it though. Please let me know how to get to it.
what year monte?

hmmm what kind of car is this, i own a buick park avenue and on these cars the air flow will only go through the face vents when the cabin temperature has reached a steady level i dunno why in the hell GM would do that but it happens lol
to keep the temp at that level inside that vehicle.

It could also be a broken door itself inside the box. Also there is more than 1 actuator, usaully 3. Dude you are just going to need more diagnosis. If you take it to a GM dealer they could diagnos it, tell you what the problem is and you could try to fix it yourself. They can hook a computer to it and monitor if each motor is turning or not. Or you could pull the dash out and heater box out and look for yourself. It still may be an AC control head problem. Are your controls electronic? Honestly you would be better off taking it to a dealership.
thats true, but most of the time is something minor. air is still blowing through the vents. so it could be a ac control head problem, but still to me sounds like a actuator malfunction.

I got in my car today and turned on the AC (It was like 80f here) and I noticed that it was blowing cold, but going through the wrong vents. I would turn the dial to blow like in my face and it would go through the upper dash vents and the floor. No matter what I turn it to, it does the same ****. I also noticed that no matter how high I turn it up, the air is almost as if it's holding back. Sounds like it's blowing hard but only comes out of the vents as if it's on the lowest setting. I am thinking that something is wrong with the actuator behind the HVAC controls, but I am stupid to mechanical stuff. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanx.
its a chevy right?

Check for a plastic bag or something else in the blower assembly. Every chevy ive dealt with with a problem like that had something ****** up in the blower.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.