Alarm Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list
I guess the question is, are you 100% certain the parking lights were flashing after you swapped the brains? There's a jumper on the brain that switches the parking light output from positive to negative. It may need to be switched to a different position on the new unit.

yea, mine quit flashing too, but i'm not worried about it, getting a new alarm next month anyway. all of a sudden one day it just quit doing it. usually they would flash and when you started the truck, the amber parking lights turned on, now they dont flash and when you start it the headlights turn on.

I guess the question is, are you 100% certain the parking lights were flashing after you swapped the brains? There's a jumper on the brain that switches the parking light output from positive to negative. It may need to be switched to a different position on the new unit.
Yes I am 100% sure they don't flash. I noticed it during the day yesterday then last night when I left work they didn't flash. I did how ever find this thing about turning some lights on/off in the manual but it was under the remote programming...??? I found it because I accidently got the remote in vibrate and I dont want it in vibrate so Ive been messing with it trying to get it to beep again but there was a part about turning some lights on/off but I don't know...

I put all the plugs into the newer brain just like they were on the older one..

Pisses me off cuz this is getting expensive...

Sounds more like a wire issue itself, Have you taken a test light or volt meeter and checked to see if it has either a positive 12V or negative trigger?

Did you check before the fuse or after? If after check the fuse holder.

If you swapped brains out its not likely that both of them are broke,

Check the wire coming from the parking light switch and be sure it is a live wire. Do your lights work with normal operation? if so do they work off of this wire? Unless your vehicle needs resistors to operate lights then you should be able to find your problem. If it does use resistors, check the resistance with the vehicle wiring sheet and change out resistors. They do go bad.

And as the other guys said check the jumper inside the brain. make sure it is matched to your vehicle. + or - trigger.....

Good Luck.

Chris

Sounds more like a wire issue itself, Have you taken a test light or volt meeter and checked to see if it has either a positive 12V or negative trigger? Did you check before the fuse or after? If after check the fuse holder.

If you swapped brains out its not likely that both of them are broke,

Check the wire coming from the parking light switch and be sure it is a live wire. Do your lights work with normal operation? if so do they work off of this wire? Unless your vehicle needs resistors to operate lights then you should be able to find your problem. If it does use resistors, check the resistance with the vehicle wiring sheet and change out resistors. They do go bad.

And as the other guys said check the jumper inside the brain. make sure it is matched to your vehicle. + or - trigger.....

Good Luck.

Chris
I'll take it to where I got it installed over the weekend and post the results. thanks..

My lights work with my factory alarm (which the DEI set off awhile ago) and when I turn them on obviously..

THe lights flashed with lock/unlock for like only two-three weeks then the original brain went dead..then worked for 203days with new brain then stopped flashing. The car locks/unlocks now but the autolock feature doesn't work anymore along with the flashers..

I'll take it to where I got it installed over the weekend and post the results. thanks..
My lights work with my factory alarm (which the DEI set off awhile ago) and when I turn them on obviously..

THe lights flashed with lock/unlock for like only two-three weeks then the original brain went dead..then worked for 203days with new brain then stopped flashing. The car locks/unlocks now but the autolock feature doesn't work anymore along with the flashers..

Tell them to add a Diode in line with the Light wire coming from the brain, it sounds like the system is back feeding and causing the brain to fry internally. Its a easy fix.

Chris

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.