all i want is mp3 and quality...

req, i'd honeslty reccomend buying a portable mp3 player and just building a custom dock for it in your car. hook it up to the aux-in (just about every ghetto h/u has one) and you are good to go, not to mention being able to take the music outside of the car. the ipod has a remote that you can buy for it (navipod) and i have seen some awesome installs with ipods integrated into them. i personally hat lugging around MP3-CDs....its just easier for me, since once i leave, if they take the headunit its fine, but i still have all my music with me...

^^ good idea, i have been kicking that idea around for the past few days.

my head unit offers MP3 playback, but it would be so much easier to get an ipod and be capable of having 40 gigs of music on tap without changing any CD's. the 20 gig would be plenty also. hell, the ipod mini is more than most people would need, and it is only 4 gigs.

plus if you ever do get a new HU, most manufacturers are starting to make connections for the ipod so you dont have to fm modulate them. i think that the ipod is going to do some good things for car audio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well, i dont wanna spend like ~350 on an ipod or the likes. i dont really listen to music aroud like that much... and they are *****es and have crappy headphone jacks and they break all the time =p

i just found out that the audio installation place about a mile from my house is an eclipse dealer! jesus. they are selling one of the 15's for like $1000 - 0_o

well. they have 3 eclipse HU's and the most expensive one is cd3434? i dunno, i gotta ask my brother (****er just got it installed! he didnt even ask me, and he got the best HU on the market)

it was the only HU with an 3.5-minijack AUX port so he could connect his MP3 player... it also had the 5v outputs and front\rear\sub\aux\3.5aux preamps. it was ~$450 installed after tax. is that a good price with the 3 year warranty and all that good stuff?

//edit

they also do diamond audio and xtant =) i didnt realize they had such good car audio equipment.

^^^ My brother owns the CD3434 and its great- It has the fold down ,more powerful internal amp than the lower 2-3 models- heck is the 3rd from the top of the Eclipse chain so that tells you something, larger display that looks the the 5/8series and out of the box I swear it shyts on his '03 5v Kenwood Exelon he replaced it with

^^^ My brother owns the CD3434 and its great- It has the fold down ,more powerful internal amp than the lower 2-3 models- heck is the 3rd from the top of the Eclipse chain so that tells you something, larger display that looks the the 5/8series and out of the box I swear it shyts on his '03 5v Kenwood Exelon he replaced it with
how much did he pay installed\after tax?

well, i was on ebay, cuz my pricerange (that i want it to be) is much lower than 450.

i was looking at the alpine cda-9830

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39750&item=5716995000&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

do you think about that unit? its not as nice and dosnt have all the features that the eclipse has, but is like ~$250 cheaper. like the thread says;

mp3 + quality (and 3 preamps front\rear\sub btw) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

retails for ~$330

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.