Alpine CDA-9835 vs. CDA-9887

shahir
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
i own the cda-9835 since the day it came out... just wanted to know if its worth getting the new 9887, what are the differences, any sound difference between them, and should i keep my 9835 or get the 9887?

Unless you want full-speed iPod or have to have the imprint... stick with your 9835.
I love mine.

nG
im not really worry about those two... i use my ipod either with the AUX input or the interface (kca-420i). My main concern is the SQ and bit rate differences?

i love my deck... and had it for 4 years now!

im not really worry about those two... i use my ipod either with the AUX input or the interface (kca-420i). My main concern is the SQ and bit rate differences?
i love my deck... and had it for 4 years now!
I would NOT worry about it then. I've had a 9835 since it came out too, at one point I even had a spare //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif...

Don't think I'll ever give up the deck, know I'll always keep it around.

nG

Yea after the 9835, Alpine went downhill. I want to keep mine forever too...(knocking on wood). I wish it had the high-speed connection for the iPod though. I would like to use my Ai-Net for a PXA 501 or 701. Not too concerned with the Imprint, although it would be nice..

but my main concern is the DAC... the cda-9835 has 1-bit dac and the cda-9887 has 24-it dac, is thr really a big difference, how much of a difference is it, and what is so different about it?

but my main concern is the DAC... the cda-9835 has 1-bit dac and the cda-9887 has 24-it dac, is thr really a big difference, how much of a difference is it, and what is so different about it?
Thats hard to determine because its not just the bit dimension, but the QUALITY of the DAC...
I have no idea how well built the 9887 is and if it uses quality parts, but the 9835 was the last of the Japanese built units IIRC...wouldn't be suprised if the 9835 actually sounded better in a head to head...

I doubt anyone has auditioned both extensively. Additionally, any opinion that you DO find should be taken as a grain of salt. Only way to find out is to buy the 9887 and to a head to head comparo in YOUR system and YOUR ears //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

To conclude, keep the 9835 IMO, you will always want what you can't have. Its a nice deck that gets the job done for most average Joes out there...

i can tell u on the box of my 9887 it says built in china designed in japan!!

Cons:

:(9887 Does not have i Personalize!! i wanned to be able to save all my setting on a CD like the 9835 can

:(9887 Biolite is limited in color, 4 choices compared to the 9835 it has like 1000!!!! just about every color shade but white/blk

Pros:

:)big plus point for the 9887 is the Imprint!! i've heard very good things about the add on.

:)24bit?!?! not really sure..i've heard asad 9835 cant really tell the difference..i guess we need to try both cd player on one car! Im down!!

:)iPod control!!!! LOVE THAT ****!!! changed my world....ok fine music listen experience .Cant beat a 60GIG ipod! i got 5,500 songs..don't need the radio anymore

:p:Difference in sound quality: CD vs Ipod.. Music on iPod are brigher..faded instruments..can't bet a store bought original cd quaility

interface is more or less the same

I have concluded after messing around with the stupid imprint box... that I would rather tune myself.

Now, if you're joe shmoe and you want a nice setup auto-tuning... then go for it.

nG

I've owned both, and can't tell a difference in sound. The 9835 does iPod control as well, and while my iPod adapter is on the way right now, I hve used the interface on another 9835 and it didn't really seem much slower than the full speed on the 9887. I like the larger display on the 9835 much better, along with the motorized face.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.