alpine CDA-9857

I have the 9856, which is similiar. The 57 has a better screen. The I-pod controllability is excellent and fast. I am now using a pioneer 880, the difference in sq is amazing. The alpine has a crappy eq and tone controlls. I am selling my 9856 cheap after listening to the 880.

Speaking from experience... the alpines do have crappy EQ functions. Their SQ is good and put out a decent amount of power. Theyre better off with an external EQ, if that doesnt bother you.

I owned an older 7892 and had the 9857 for a short time(about a month) and i can tell you if you liked the older alpine you had, you will be dissapointed in the 9857. Personally I would go with an eclipse or higher end pioneer unit, or try and find an older alpine in good condition. The 9857 did have a decent ipod interface, but it took a long time to scroll through artists and once you selected a song, you couldnt go back to the album you were just in it started at the begining of your artists.

phantom240 how do i hook up a external EQ with the h/u cuz i dont care if i have to do it that why so make it sound good
Ya gotta run the eq's off the rca's and to their amps. Of course that requires all your speakers to be on amplifiers and not on the internal amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.