Alright... official LOUDNESS scale

Wingman0121
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Just got off work and work adrenaline is still going so I made a scale for people to explain how loud they are, so here it is...20 being the loudest.

--------------------------------------------

1-----------The Loudness Scale-----------20

--------------------------------------------

1. You heard the lyrics "drop the ba-ba-bass" except nothing happened, sounds like that boombox that your grandma listens to her gospel on.

2. The bass is louder when you bang on the dash at the same time as the bass beats.

3. The stereo playing in the Abercrombie & Fitch store has louder bass than your car.

4. You go to Walmart and their subs on the demo wall is louder than your stereo.

4. A Dodge Ram 1500 v8 truck with straight pipes drowns out your bass at a stoplight.

5. The Harley motorcycle drowns out your bass at a stoplight.

6. You can tell that there's a subwoofer in the car but the bass disappears when you play "Get Low by Lil Jon."

7. Stuff in your cup holder moves around slowly and you can hear the bass outside of the car from 6 yards away

8. You can finally hear all the bass from the old Bong Thugs E.1999 CD you bought 10 years ago. This is when you really start to enjoy bass and went back to listen to all your old music just to see what kind of bass it has.

9. You start to get looks from people, mostly girls, but all the dudes gives you a trollface.

10. The backeat is now a decent back massager, the trunk now rattles but you know you ain't got no aluminum cans in the back.

11. You open your doors and it is loud enough for an outdoor concert for 50~80 people. You can no longer have your volume up at a stoplight because the people driving next to you gets pissed off.

12. You roll your windows down and it vibrates with your sideview mirror, it is now difficult to see through the rearview mirror when you turn it up.

13. You got pulled over for loud music, the officer was disappoint.

14. When you turn it up it feels like air is trying to rush into your nose and ears, the dash now bounces with the bass along with anything that's loose in the car. Your fat jiggles and your girlfriends all enjoys a ride from you.

15. It is clearly visible that your roof is flexing and the doors are trying to open itself when you play your stereo, the headlights of the cars behind you makes a nice "0" in the rearview mirror when you turn up the volume.

16. You get the looks of approval from cool dudes, maybe even a thumbs up. All the girls turn their heads when you roll by and old people gives you looks of disgust. All the Vietnam vets runs away from you.

17. Hairtricks/shirttricks/boobtricks is now possible, you can't hear anything but bass.

18. You make Steve Meade and Xzibit run outside of their house just so they can see something that was louder than anything they've heard before.

19. You're in the 163+ dB lead, you probably don't drive the car much but when you do you can bring confusion and mayhem within a 1/4 mile radius. It makes you sick and dizzy if you play the stereo for more than a few minutes at full volume.

20. You died while sitting in the port and accidentally pressed play.

15 in the buick. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif with a pair of 8's............

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

i mean 14.

Hmm, gets a little criss-crossed in the middle there. Puts me anywhere between 10-13. I've rattled cars next to me side view mirrors as well, which isn't bad for a 300w 10" in a prefab imo lol

About a 14 my dash doesnt move but the visors and headliner moves quite a bit.

Hoping to get a bout 16.5 with my next setup. I want a hairtrick when I drop the back seat plain and simple. 3k on two ****** 12s tuned low should do it especially walled right behind the seats

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.