Alright, What's Missing Here?

Mallow706
10+ year member

Full Metal Member
Georgia
I just hooked up my amp to my subs and everything, and the amp isn't getting any power. At first I thought that it was no good, then I got to looking and messing around. Everything is correct, HOWEVER I believe now that I missed something along the way. Checked fuses, checked ground, etc. Then it hit me. I saw a REM power slot (my old amp didn't have one) with which I wasn't familiar with. The cable from the battery goes into the 12 v spot, but what goes in the rem slot, and what does it connect to?

REM is for the remote wire. This wire turns on when your head unit turns on, which sends the signal to the amps to turn on, so they are only on when needed by the headunit

I just hooked up my amp to my subs and everything, and the amp isn't getting any power. At first I thought that it was no good, then I got to looking and messing around. Everything is correct, HOWEVER I believe now that I missed something along the way. Checked fuses, checked ground, etc. Then it hit me. I saw a REM power slot (my old amp didn't have one) with which I wasn't familiar with. The cable from the battery goes into the 12 v spot, but what goes in the rem slot, and what does it connect to?
hu remote out. if you are using a stock system, sometimes you have to tap off ACC.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.