alternator sizing?

Participant count
  • Participant list

82regal

I am building my first 1000w+ system and am trying to figure out what size altenator to buy for my car. Heres what i am going to be runnig:

2x Audiopipe 1500d's at 1 ohm each

1x MB Quart ONX4.125 at 2 ohms on each channel

The combined fuse rating for the amps is 320a for all three amps so do i just buy a 350a altenator or get a combination of smaller altenator and battery for the trunk?

First thing you need to do is upgrade wires. "The Big 3" , add a second battery. and then get and alt in that order. you might not need an alt unless your going to be wanging the **** all the time.

I plan on doing the 'Big 3' in 0ga and 0ga front to back. And we have a noise ordinace were i live so most of the time when it will be on full blast is when i head out of town. any recommendations on a battery/size?

you want matching batteries. try to get two yellow tops at autozone. Your standard siz alt should be fine for now. and the 0gauge upgrade is always a plus.

If you insist on spending $ Look for BATCAP batteries. some one was selling some BATCAP 2000s.

I am not going to debate the alt/batt issue all I will say is that I am fused for 310amps running off a stock 130amp alt and 2 dekas and I will not drop below 13.5v during idle no matter how hard I wang away normal driving I stay 13.8-13.9 all day. Been this way for well over a year. Just a thought. Sure an alt is the best bet but u better have some deep pockets.

I am not going to debate the alt/batt issue all I will say is that I am fused for 310amps running off a stock 130amp alt and 2 dekas and I will not drop below 13.5v during idle no matter how hard I wang away normal driving I stay 13.8-13.9 all day. Been this way for well over a year. Just a thought. Sure an alt is the best bet but u better have some deep pockets.
no debate. my last post was a jk. you got a strong alt der. good deal/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.