Am i going to blow anything?

Participant count
  • Participant list

zelix

Hi guys,

I've got a Sa-12 and an APSM-1500 being shipped to me, for my 2013 jetta tdi,

should probably have asked on here before making my order but, seems like everyone says the sa-12's are beasts and handling power. But is 1500w to much? this will be for daily use just music at moderate volumes and occasionally really high volumes, will i actually even push this much wattage?

thanks just looking for some advice.

I'll assume you order a dual 2 ohm SA-12, since you said 1500w to it, but if you ordered a dual 4 ohm SA you will wire it down to 2 ohm and be fine. The APSM will put out ~700w at 2 ohm.

If you ordered a dual 2 ohm, wire it down to 1 ohm and set the gain on the APSM properly with a DMM for about 1000w or so, and you will be fine as well.

I'll assume you order a dual 2 ohm SA-12, since you said 1500w to it, but if you ordered a dual 4 ohm SA you will wire it down to 2 ohm and be fine. The APSM will put out ~700w at 2 ohm.
If you ordered a dual 2 ohm, wire it down to 1 ohm and set the gain on the APSM properly with a DMM for about 1000w or so, and you will be fine as well.
Thank you, good advice yes i did order the dual 2 ohm, so basically for say 1000w, I would adjust the gain with a DMM to 31.62 AC volts?

If you set gains properly and watch it for the first few months of playing you could probably safely give it 1.2 to 1.5ish (1.5 is pushing it) daily. But I doubt you'll listen to it at 100% the whole time.

If you set gains properly and watch it for the first few months of playing you could probably safely give it 1.2 to 1.5ish (1.5 is pushing it) daily. But I doubt you'll listen to it at 100% the whole time.
yes my thoughts, no obviously wouldn't be blasting it all the time, i expect it to be really loud and probably only seriously blast it to show off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.