Amazon + DHL = Massive Fail

Participant count
  • Participant list

jrdbrn
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Yes this is a rant thread.

So my fiance's car has been acting up and the radio decided it was next on the to die list. Ok.. no biggie. We decided to order the Pioneer DEH-2000MP to replace her stock Galant deck. So we make the order Friday from Amazon with 2 day shipping. On Monday at 8 AM the deck made it to the New Orleans DHL facility which is an hour away.. Awesome right? Neg. Monday passes, Tuesday passes, and nothing is put on a truck. Status stays the same since arival and since it was to be delivered Tuesday I thought I would give them a call. DHL says don't worry that the item will be delivered "today" which was Tuesday. The item didn't make it, so I call on Wednesday morning and they assure me again that the item will be delivered "today". What a bunch of crap! Two get a hours later (1 PM) I call again to DHL to see what the issue is and why it hasn't left the facility and now it is "lost" (probably stolen). Ok ok! So I call Amazon as instructed by DHL to get a replacement order and everything seems to go ok. I am assured that I will have another stereo shipped OVERNIGHT free of charge. Awesome... or so I think. The kind lady told me that I would get a confirmation email with the new tracking information. I never got it! I call today (Thursday) and look into if my product has ever shipped and was notified that there was never a replacement order put in... WTF!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif Then the dumb ***** tells me that they don't have any in stock as the website says but my screen shows "IN STOCK Sold and shipped from Amazon." At this point I am just fed up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif I was offered my money back for another order and I told her I'd rather buy from Walmart then have to deal with this anymore and that was it. I am pretty pissed off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Today I am going get the Walmart JVC special for $79.99.

Wonder if the same will happen to me, im currently waiting on the dhl lady to roll up. Feel bad for her tho b/c she had to drive to blountville tn to pick it up to bring all the way to wv

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.