Amp for single 12" IA warden

Dtrom
10+ year member

MAF
Kicker zx2500.1

Sundown saz2500

I have heard the kicker amp and it's great. I've owned a few kicker amps but no one in my area runs sundown so I haven't heard much from them. How do these amp compare? I can get them for roughly the same price.

lol...is there really a question? If you can get a new 2500w Kicker as cheap as the Sundown 2500, you better jump on it. The Kicker is twice as powerful as the Sundown at 4 AND 2 ohm output....there is no comparison that can be made between the two amps.

lol...is there really a question? If you can get a new 2500w Kicker as cheap as the Sundown 2500, you better jump on it. The Kicker is twice as powerful as the Sundown at 4 AND 2 ohm output....there is no comparison that can be made between the two amps.
Depends on coils on the sub. Also, the kicker won't like being wired any lower. I've had my sundowns strapped at 1 ohm with 0 issues daily for going on 18 months.

If you are going to run 1ohm or less get the Sundown. If you are going to run 2ohm or above get the Kicker. Each are monsters in their own respective playgrounds, with nearly no rivals.

Depends on coils on the sub. Also, the kicker won't like being wired any lower. I've had my sundowns strapped at 1 ohm with 0 issues daily for going on 18 months.
That is my point, a D1 Warden Will be perfect for the Kicker. The kicker is designed to do it's power at 2ohms, the Sundown is just a 1ohm stable amp that puts out 1200w at 2ohms....where is the ability to compare the two aside from efficiency?

That is my point, a D1 Warden Will be perfect for the Kicker. The kicker is designed to do it's power at 2ohms, the Sundown is just a 1ohm stable amp that puts out 1200w at 2ohms....where is the ability to compare the two aside from efficiency?
Wardens come in D1 or D2 fyi

No shit, sherlock..lol
So if the OP had already purchased a D2, how would the kicker be a no brainer? I know now that he hasn't, but that info wasn't provided. In anycase, the sundown can be ran at .5 easily and will walk all over the kicker at 2 given proper electrical, so I still don't see how the kicker is the best option?

So if the OP had already purchased a D2, how would the kicker be a no brainer? I know now that he hasn't, but that info wasn't provided. In anycase, the sundown can be ran at .5 easily and will walk all over the kicker at 2 given proper electrical, so I still don't see how the kicker is the best option?
SQ and electrical strain would be much better a 2ohm than .5 for a daily application.

SQ and electrical strain would be much better a 2ohm than .5 for a daily application.
I guess if I was getting a Warden, SQ wouldn't be my goal, or another sub choice would be better. I would also have a lot more than 2500 watts on tap, as that sub will be begging for more, which is the only reason I would recommend running the 2500 at .5 with proper electrical as I said before.

at 14v? you really need to back that claim, or face being called retarded.

I guess if I was getting a Warden, SQ wouldn't be my goal, or another sub choice would be better. I would also have a lot more than 2500 watts on tap, as that sub will be begging for more, which is the only reason I would recommend running the 2500 at .5 with proper electrical as I said before.
why do you insist on more money being dumped into the electrical system for the same end result?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.