Amp for SSA GCON 12?

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I'll be getting a 4 Ohm GCON 12 from someone and looking for advice on an amp. I have a Alpine mrp-m1000 that I can wire 1000 watts @ 2 ohms and was wondering if that would do the job? Or would it be worth to go bigger? Also, any suggestions for the box would be greatly appreciated. Will be going in the back of an 05 Mitsubishi Galant

I'm guessing that's after all displacements? And to the ear how would 30hz sound vs 33hz?
Depending upon how good your ears are, 30hz will play lower notes than tuned at 33Hz. I've had both...in fact my 15's are tuned to 30 I know that's a far stretch from the 12 but still. Just to give ya a general idea. The 33Hz tune may cover upper freq better than the 30 hz tuned one.

Yes, 2.25 after. Depending on where your cabin peaks, the 33hz will likely give you slightly higher peak spl, while 30 a touch more low end.

That is a good match up for Gcon. Hope to see some install pictures.
Thanks for the advice yall. I ended up finding a great deal on a new Soundqubed 2200. Went with it in case I end up upgrading later. How much can the GCON take safely?

It will take that amp at 2ohms no problem

And good call on leaving upgrade power. Amp would be perfect for 2 gcons at 1ohm

Thanks for the advice yall. I ended up finding a great deal on a new Soundqubed 2200. Went with it in case I end up upgrading later. How much can the GCON take safely?
See above post from kr15. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.