Amp(s) for system. KRX3s or Esotec 362s and a 10w6

copernicus
10+ year member

Hi!

I'm looking at putting a new system in my G37 coupe and would like advice on amps. Since the car is pretty small, space is at a premium.

I'm going to be putting in either Focal KRX3s or DynAudio Esotec 362s for the fronts and am not doing anything for the rears. I'll also be running a JL 10w6 for my sup.

So far, the local shops have suggested either:

a JL 900/5 or a JL 600/1 and a JL 300/4.

The Focal and DynAudio rep has suggested that this may not be enough power and strongly pushed a Mosconi amp.

Also, another local dealer is willing to sell me an Audison LRX 4.1K for a pretty good discount and that seems like it might be good.

Thoughts?

It depend on how much money you want to spend on your amp.

Mosconi do not have any 5 channel amp so you have to use the as 100.4 and as 65.2 bridged for sub if you are on a passive configuration. If you are active then you will need another as100.2.

You can also be on semi-active configuration in witch case you will need an amp with low-pass filtration.

If you want to go Audison use Voce 5.1k, this is very new but it is way better than LRX.

There are also other amp that are good enough like Helix A4 or A6 competition. All these amp are SQ level.

But all this depend on how much you want to spend.

Focal Has a very good dynamic sound, very good for live music but the tweeter is very harsh. I have the KRX2 on my previews car and I sell them with the car. Dynaudio is flat sound more for relaxing music but personally I never hear them.

I hope this will help you a little.

Focal or Dynaudio ... two completely different ends of the spectrum. Both great manufacturers but sound characteristics vary greatly. Decide which set you are doing First, then proceed with the amp.

I'm running my KRX2s on a Steg 04:01 bridged. I also have the 02:02. These are the cleanest amps I have personally heard and especially at high volumes. They are imported from GT trading in italy who I believe also makes the Mosconi amps. I got these amps from a dealer in NoHo for $700.00 a pop. Either amp delivers more than enough power to run the KRX2's or 3s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.