Amp setup question

Participant count
  • Participant list

cropp

I'm not too familiar with audio stuff so bare with me fellas.

Setup

2013 Tocoma reg cab

Amp avionixxx CXA 640

Sub shallow kicker CVT 12"

Mids/tweeter Oncore C65

Head pioneer 280bt

Ok currently I have the amp connected to my components. And bridged to my sub behind my seat.

My question is, would it benefit me if I used that amp just to power my fronts and got a separate mono for the sub?

I'm not too familiar with audio stuff so bare with me fellas. Setup

2013 Tocoma reg cab

Amp avionixxx CXA 640

Sub shallow kicker CVT 12"

Mids/tweeter Oncore C65

Head pioneer 280bt

Ok currently I have the amp connected to my components. And bridged to my sub behind my seat.

My question is, would it benefit me if I used that amp just to power my fronts and got a separate mono for the sub?
well i'm always gonna say get more power for sub.. but if it's shallow mount idk how much more power u should throw at it.. whats mounting depth on that box?, u got $1000 in mids and a kicker sub we need to see if u can fit a sundown sd in that box then we can get u more power to it lol..

My first goal was to make sure my sub didn't over power my mids. Which alot of what I hear in the streets, so I made sure to get some good ones. The sub is shallow because it's behind my seat in the truck. And that's the biggest that would fit. The shop ghat does my work is trying to get me to put some Sundowns in my bed and drill the wiring through the back

https://www.google.com/search?q=shallow+subwoofer+box&safe=off&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj9zcii9LnUAhVMx2MKHdb0B1YQ_AUICigC#imgrc=n3X3F9LqnZcmHM:

Box is like that one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.