Amp suggestion for Hertz MLK3 running active????

Participant count
  • Participant list

saleen_1985
10+ year member

I just picked up a set of Hertz MLK3 and was wondering about some amp suggestions??

I was thinking of getting a Arc Audio SE2300 for the 6.5" and using my Audison LRx2.500 for the 4" mid's and my Lrx2.250 for the tweeters or would I be better off using my Lrx2.500 for the 6.5" and buying a 4 channel to run the mid's and tweeters?????

what is a good recommened 4-channel if I go this route??

LRx4.1k

Soundstream Ref 4.920

Soundstream HRU.4

I'm just not familiar with soundstream "New School"

When you have multiple amps running multiple speakers in an active system you're going to run into a problem with linearity. But in your situation, it's kinda unavoidable.

What I'd do is use a pair of 4ch amps and use them as monos. What I mean by that is having one 4ch run the right speakers and another running the left. Bridge two channels for your mids and use an L-Pad or other passive resistor when you run into linearity problems. I think those do a much better job than gain knobs & DSPs.

When you have multiple amps running multiple speakers in an active system you're going to run into a problem with linearity. But in your situation, it's kinda unavoidable.

What I'd do is use a pair of 4ch amps and use them as monos. What I mean by that is having one 4ch run the right speakers and another running the left. Bridge two channels for your mids and use an L-Pad or other passive resistor when you run into linearity problems. I think those do a much better job than gain knobs & DSPs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.