Another vs thread. Two craigslist "packages" to choose from.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spud2388
10+ year member

"The Spud-n-ator"
I've been out of the game for a while and have been subless for a couple years now. I had 2 12" type r's off a nine.1 in a custom ported box for a while and my nine.1 went out on me. I really don't have to much to spend but saw these two deals on craigslist.

Alpine R12 w/ Custom Box and Rockford Fosgate Punch P550.2

10" Eclipse Subwoofer & Amp

I like the sound of my old type r's but never have had anything else besides them (had the first version before the them). I'm not looking for huge base, just something that sounds good and doesn't take up a lot space. Both of these use prefab boxes (which will be temp until Christmas break and I can get home). I really just need to know if its worth the extra $50 for the alpine/rockford setup or save it and go eclipse, which is more sq oriented from my research. I'm hoping to eventually get the nine.1 fixed locally and cheaply and replace the amp I buy with it to allow for more headroom, but it could be a while.

What are yalls thoughts?

Get the eclipse and put it in a ported box. That sub is made by tc sounds if im not mistaken, not a lot of subs that can match or beat it in terms of sound quality.

The type R is in a prefab box so the sound will be peaky and boomy and not good unless you just want to get loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.