Anthony's Car Stereo, Sacramento CA

acousticguitar
10+ year member

Law and Order
you've probably already read this, but i'm posting for posterity. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anthony's Car Stereo

9172 Greenback Lane, Suite S

Orangevale, CA 95662-5902

(916) 988-6930

Back in February and early March, I got my hands on a lot of gear, all of the stuff you see in my sig. I was going to get it all installed by Anthony’s Car Stereo out in Orangevale, CA. (which is right next to Sacramento) The owner owes a friend of mine a debt... so he agreed to do my install to pay off that debt he owes.

The owner agreed to do the install as long as I came out to Sacramento, which is a long drive for me, during business hours. (nearly 2 hours each way, almost getting me in trouble at work!) He said he wanted to see what kind of equipment I wanted installed to verify he could do it. I drove out there two months ago. He looks at my stuff for 5 minutes and says he can do it and that he will call me in a month and a half when he’s less busy. No real check—I think he did it to make sure that I was serious and to try to get his way out of doing my van. But I made the drive. Anyways, he knows my type of minivan b/c his crew had done work on installing DVD players on a whole fleet of them, so my install should be easy for him. (which he acknowledged)

It’s almost June now and I keep calling in every few weeks to check in with him. He tells me that he is so busy because he doesn’t have enough installers—that’s what he says each time. He keeps saying he’ll call me. The last time I called, he said he was booked for the next 3-4 months, which means that my stuff which I bought in February or March is no longer returnable and going to be well into their warranty period. (arg!) He has been scheduling business and refusing to even put me down for an appointment. Last time he said I had a 1 day job, now he claims it’s a 4 day job.

To make matters worse, he’s ignoring my friend who he owes a small sum of money to. Refuses to return phone calls or messages. Even my friend thinks the whole situation is messed up and I am getting shafted.

Avoid this place. Hani "Tony", the owner, will try to farm out work his "other" shop owned by his brother Jay. Avoid that place too, they do bad install work. Avoid avoid avoid.

Im in the SF Bay Area, which explains my 2 hour drive to Sacramento. He messed me up... but sadly, he messed up my friend even more. I visited again this past weekend since I was in town... when I asked if he talked to my friend, Tony told me, "he never called me." My friend has been leaving messages twice a week for the past month!

The website is a joke... but its darn hilarious isnt it? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

A few years ago, anthony's was one of the most respected car audio installs in sacramento. He had ads on the radio and everything. I know he has more than 1 shop, because I used to live nearby one of them (off greenback in orangevale) anyways, Anthony's car stereo is way to expensive for what he offers. better luck going with pacific audio, or audio express. If your in the yuba city area, check out Midvalley sound. http://www.midvalleysound.com they offer good deals there. otherwise, stay clear from anthony's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

acousticguitar

10+ year member
Law and Order
acousticguitar
Somewhere in Cali...
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies