anti-shock problems

Hey guys... I'm not really experienced with the car audio scene yet... but I'm getting into it...

Anyway at the moment I have a (I know its old and ****) SONY CDX-5090 CD head... replacing it is not an option for now... because I have little money and want to buy an amp/sub first... So I was wondering if you guys cud help me with it?

Well the problem is it doesn't like playing CDR's very much at all... it'l play them but it skips a LOT... and regular (pressed) CD's aren't much better... Anyway I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the antishock, or how much its likely to cost to repair...

I really don't wanna have to take it out, replace it with a tape head and a carkit...c u!

ED

yo, i would suggest using sony cd changer. the newer models should have no problem with cd-r's or skipping. it should not be too expensive either.

you might want to check and see if you have a ground wire in cuz we forgot to put one into my sises car and her cd player skipped alot until we put one in

You said it's an older Sony CD player model. many older CD players won't play CDR's because of reasons that I don't know as I have never dealt with CDR, only read about them. When a CD player can't play CDR's, often it will react by skipping.If it's skipping otherwise I'd check connections and proper tight mounting. It also may need to be cleaned or replaced.

in past experience with the models made around that time by sony, I dealt with a lot of customers that had skipping probs after about a 2-3 year time of ownership. They just aren't that good. My suggestion would be to put something on layaway If you don't have much flow. repair on that unit will be almost as much as another cd player.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.