Antishock probs...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey guys... I'm not really experienced with the car audio scene yet... but I'm getting into it...

Anyway at the moment I have a (I know its old and ****) SONY CDX-5090 CD head... replacing it is not an option for now... because I have little money and want to buy an amp/sub first... So I was wondering if you guys cud help me with it?

Well the problem is it doesn't like playing CDR's very much at all... it'l play them but it skips a LOT... and regular (pressed) CD's aren't much better... Anyway I was wondering if there is anything I can do to improve the antishock, or how much its likely to cost to repair...

I really don't wanna have to take it out, replace it with a tape head and a carkit...c u!

ED

do you have the support strap attatched to the rear of the deck? I usually don't but can make a world of difference..if it's a really old deck then it may not read cdrs worth a crap anyway..Don't know whatelse you could do.

Mike

I'd say it needs to be suspended by a strap or something of the like and try using a lens cleaner in the deck.

If that doesn't work i think your first priority is a new deck. If its skipping now I can only imagine what it'll be like when you put some bass vibes in it.

Hey guys... 'w hats a support strap? coz i took the thing out the other day to connect the RCA's to my amp

and there was no 'strap'...

if i need one, are they 'generic' (one size fits all headunits) and how much do they cost?

thanks for your help!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Eddiewould

Eddiewould
Wellington, New Zealand
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BlackSunfireGT