Any Ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

jr23

OH
My car just died on me one day on the way to work. So i had it towed to a shop. They called me today that my alarm/car starter seems to be in enabled so which it won't go in drive and just shuts off when you press on the break. Is there a way to bypass that? I have a Crimestopper alarm/car starter system.

Call the place that you got it installed at?...

Or you could just remove the brain of the alarm, wouldnt be the safest thing for the alarm but it would disable it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

If the system was properly installed, there's no way it could be creating the problems you're describing. Even if it was improperly installed, it's unlikely. That's just not the way a remote start works; with the exception of starter kill (which won't shut off a running engine) it should have no effect on the operation of the key switch.

Need more information: What kind of vehicle? So does it start/run with the remote start, but not with the key?

Many mechanics will blame a remote start for a problem whether it's really the problem or not. They see the remote start and don't want to look any further. Anyone who installs and troubleshoots remote starts can attest to this.

so which it won't go in drive and just shuts off when you press on the break. Is there a way to bypass that? I have a Crimestopper alarm/car starter system.

from what you just said, after you start the car via the keyfob. are you putting the key in and turning it to the run position? or just pushing on the break first?

usualy pushing the break first. will kill the engin.

also. if you car died from the alarm, have a shop do a load test on the batt. to check if it really is the alarm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.