Any reason I can't remove the plastic inside door if doing sound deadener?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dave88LX
10+ year member

'05 Civic that I'm going to sound-deaden the doors, and do what I can about filling in the extra holes. I've heard a bunch of different reasons for the plastic. I assume that having the holes filled and the installation of sound-deadener will pretty much nullify any use the plastic had, yes?

Ndocj2hybabFE1CCtbXZGhLUqAjS7DOZu1YUvY_OUW1T=w1334-h1025-no

The plastic isn't a big deal, it provides a bit of a water seal but thats about it. The important thing to pay attention to is that your door panel seals tightly. The better the seal, the better your midbass.

OK I will yank it out then and spend a few hours getting all that goop off! I'm going to do a temporary door-mount with a pair of Polk dB651 I have from a previous car, to hold me over, but the later-term plan is to get a set of Q Logic kick panels and quality components. I drive 140 miles round/trip 5x week for work, so either way I'd love to do everything I can to quiet it down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.