Any thoughts? Kicker CompRT 12s

Participant count
  • Participant list

cstronko
10+ year member

Does anyone have any input on Kicker CompRT 12s? I have a Super Duty so space is limited, but I have ample airspace in my existing box for the provided specs on the CompRT 12s. There are lots of 10s that will work but I am trying to step up to a pair of 12s. The box currently houses a pair of ED shallow mount 10s that just don't perform the way I wanted. Good subs but I am trying to replicate a former system I had, all Kicker.

The final plan would be to match a ZR600 to a pair of CompRT 10s or better yet a ZR1000 to a pair of CompRT 12s. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on one or the other very soon.

The last similar set up I had (way back) was a pair of Solobaric 12s with a 500si in a Bronco. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not many people are going to be supportive of kicker on here. Better can be had so most will steer you in that direction. That being said if you have around 3 cubes total the rt is not bad. I heard an rt 12 in a sealed 1.5 cubic foot box. It wasn't punchy or boomy. It was relatively smooth but did not have much low end extension. It was an an alpine 500 watt amp. It was about as loud as my daughters hds208 in a ported box. Just didn't get low like the hds

The box is 1.8 total.....making it a single driver box would be a pain and I am not looking to build another. Mounting depth is 4.5 inches. The ED 10s just didn't have the low end I was looking for....any suggestions are welcome. The airspace and shallow box make it challenging.

The box is 1.8 total.....making it a single driver box would be a pain and I am not looking to build another. Mounting depth is 4.5 inches. The ED 10s just didn't have the low end I was looking for....any suggestions are welcome. The airspace and shallow box make it challenging.
In bold is what gets me. You want better, louder, clearer, etc gonna have to makes some sacrifices in life. And that means build another enclosure.

You want low end, lets start first with your max dimensions to work with. If nothing, a few 8's or maybe a single 10 might work but a pair of 12's is out of the question.

Are you familiar with the available space behind the seat of a 4D superduty? I am maxed out unless I start chopping up the truck. Not going to do that.... The mounting depth is the biggest issue. It rules out any regular depth woofer. I will research the sundowns recommended above and go from there. I am just looking for more tight, clear bass than I had before. In previous builds, I have had good luck with high power, quality woofers and small, but to spec for the woofer, air space. Maybe I am chasing unicorn.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.