anybody ever make there own fold down rear seat

Participant count
  • Participant list

etznova
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey just wondering due to my car not having that option at all as in not offered with the late 90's bonnevilles has anybody tried to fab up there own

i have some ideas on how to do it and make it look stock but just wanted to see how others turned out

I just unbolted mine and it lays against the back totally unhooked. it is about 3 inches from the back because of brackets. My friend totally removed his back seat and put up a seat back made from mdf. wrapped it in insulation and the carpeted it. It looks nice.

yeah thats what ive been doing but its kinda getting annoying and a little ghetto i want a more custom original look its just annoying when the seat back is to wide to lay flat due to the door panels so i think im going to fab my own

oh yeah i know that thats why im going to modify my original seat im going to get another one and cut out the center and actually get some parts off a car that does have a fold down seat and rob it of its hinges and latches so the outer part will be bolted in and the center will then be latched and hinged and there you have my own fold down seat

My buddy has an older monte carlo, we ended up throwin bucket seats in the back, i made him a lil fiberglass center console with 2 10" tornadoes downfiring, some cupholders, and a flip up dvd player. turned out nice. haha idk if that really helps you with a fold down back seat though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.