Anyone actually hear these in person?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have not heard them. Im sure they would sound just fine in some enclosures on some juice. Rockville doesnt make bottom of the barrel gear,and actually have some great stuff for getting an audio system done. Its like all of the others... You go the top tier gear and the lower end. Just have to choose. If they dont work out in the car, always good for the shop or garage for sure??

I'm debating on hanging a pair of these in the rear deck of my delta in sealed boxes
they play from 50htz on up, so your not going get quite a bit of lower end out of them. i like to look for 35-40Htz on the lower end on 6x9s. Thats me though/ Looks like a decent speaker and very nice price. its a shame i couldnt find a BNIB pair of these. I used have like 5 boxes of these but all gone now. Dammned good sounding speakers man.

Im in a struggle to figure out something for midbass in the delta. The area in the kicks isn't big enough for an 8 or beefy 6.5 mb driver and I'd have to do more to get a front sub in then I want to...since I want to keep in stock condition as much as possible. I'm gonna try to either get a ski pass done in the rear bench or get it fabbed to fold down to let the subs in. So the rear deck is one the few options to beef up the mb even though the placement isn't ideal and 6x9 options are really thin out there 😂

Rockville isn't my first choice but these seem to be what's out there...I'll probably do cdt woofers unless someone can convince these are at least as good for cheaper 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

I'm debating on hanging a pair of these in the rear deck of my delta in sealed boxes
I have, in a ported box. They don't go real low but should cover midbass (70+) pretty good. There frickin beast of a 6x9 and the phase plug is actually the dust cap, it's attached.

Got an extra set, BNIB, $80 shipped!

Im in a struggle to figure out something for midbass in the delta. The area in the kicks isn't big enough for an 8 or beefy 6.5 mb driver and I'd have to do more to get a front sub in then I want to...since I want to keep in stock condition as much as possible. I'm gonna try to either get a ski pass done in the rear bench or get it fabbed to fold down to let the subs in. So the rear deck is one the few options to beef up the mb even though the placement isn't ideal and 6x9 options are really thin out there 😂

Rockville isn't my first choice but these seem to be what's out there...I'll probably do cdt woofers unless someone can convince these are at least as good for cheaper 🤣🤣🤣
Cant go wrong with Polk DB Series or even Better($) MM series man. Bar Nun. I put some 6.5 DB coax in a 02 T.Car and they sounded Badd Azz in that rear deck. Blew those Pioneer 100 rms components away/ In The Dirt! up front on the Avatar AB 460 amp

There is a slim choice of 6x9s out there for sure. It may be easier to get some ADS/Plastic sheets and cut an opening for some 6.5s man., Opens up a new world of options man.Easy to do.

Cant go wrong with Polk DB Series or even Better($) MM series man. Bar Nun. I put some 6.5 DB coax in a 02 T.Car and they sounded Badd Azz in that rear deck. Blew those Pioneer 100 rms components away/ In The Dirt! up front on the Avatar AB 460 amp

I've got some Polk db 6x9 coming for the "get some tunes" install. I don't want tweets of any sort coming from the rear on the final build 😂

I have a set of these in my LeSabre. They sound good so far, but I have not put an amplifier on them yet. They are just running off of deck power from my head unit. I put a new deck and 4 speakers in right after I got it, waiting on warm weather to do more.

The Rockville aren’t bad 6x9s. They technically have specs geared in the ported direction if you’re using them as a subwoofer. They want a fairly large box between 1.2 and 1.5 cubes tuned to 33-38 HZ, depending on the music you listen to. For midbass use they will work fine in a sealed pod, but won’t dig down very deep. They have a F3 of 68 HZ in .5 cube sealed, so they’d work well for midbass in a sealed pod with a high pass crossover. Without an enclosure in the rear deck you’ll for sure want a crossover on them. CDT 6x9s are made for free air use in a door or rear deck with no enclosure. I put my CDT in a pod and it actually diminished its performance audibly but handled more power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...