Anyone have experience with a Skar audio RP-1500.1DM 1500w Mono amp?

KcContractor

CarAudio.com Recruit

Attachments

• IMG_0115.png
    IMG_0115.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 17
Me thinks we've been down this road...

Makes no sense to purchase a $1400 sub/box/ where the amp is only $175 Skar amplifier. Why not a get a pair of these:

On sale for 130 ea. so $260

One of these:

You glue and screw enclosure with double baffle (tuned to 29hz) - $200

A nice 2000 watt stinger amp $200

Amazon product ASIN B0BN2JLBQ6

A great upgraded wiring 4 gauge wire kit $50

Amazon product ASIN B0C8V972Z7
Case of the 120m deadening for the car $50

Amazon product ASIN B07BLSP8JV
Which in and of itself would be a fantastic setup, equal to or definitely louder that the single JL and amplifier/box you are thinking of.

That leaves about $640 left over to get new speakers and a a 4 channel amplifier, 0 gauge kit instead of the 4 gauge, big three upgrade, distribution blocks, etc. for the rest of the car to keep up. Maybe you need to re-think the entire setup. Simply getting a renowned JL without a decent supporting cast is like asking Neil Pert to play drums in your cousins Jazz band, not a great fit.

:sneaky:

My son used that exact amp. RMA'd the first one that lasted about a month before letting out the magic smoke. Second one struggled not to overheat constantly at 1 ohm. I'm a fan of Skar subs for people on a budget, but not impressed with at least this particular amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...