Aq1200 Not pushing 10" SDC2.5 hard

swollen_cu
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey guys Ive run into a little stump here... I have a AQ1200D that was supposedly brand new and bought off a member here and brand new AQ SDC2.5 10. The sub is in a 1.2 cubic foot box @ 37 hz .

The problem is, the amp is not pushing the sub as hard as I thought. My friends 10" SDC2.5 on an Alpine MRP500 was louder than mines.

MY gains were set with a DMM to 38 Volts. I'm thinking it might be something with the amp? I double checked all conenctions and everything is tight. Also, Im using a Kenwood KDC BT838U headunit.

Any help would be appreciated... I'm just very disappointed in this set up right now.

What do you expect from a lower power handling 10"?

The vehicle and enclosure comes a lot into play when you say that your buddies is louder.

Maybe check over some HU settings and check if pre-outs are turned all the way up and other settings you might of missed.

Well the car is a 2002 Accord Sedan. All the HU settings are fine... I wasnt expecting this little bass... my 10w6 on a JL 500/1 had more bass than this

That sub takes a long time to break in. It will get louder if it's new like you said.

Also, is that box a little small which would limit efficiency I believe? My SDC2.5 10 is in a 1.59 cube box before displacement.

That sub takes a long time to break in. It will get louder if it's new like you said.
Also, is that box a little small which would limit efficiency I believe? My SDC2.5 10 is in a 1.59 cube box before displacement.
well Im pushing the rated 870 rms from the amp at 2 ohms and the sub is 600 rms so i wants to run the minimum specs. The box is 1.2 after port

which way is the pot pointing
The port is facing the rear of the car. Why?

well Im pushing the rated 870 rms from the amp at 2 ohms and the sub is 600 rms so i wants to run the minimum specs. The box is 1.2 after port

Because the way the sub and port face could make a pretty big difference in output.

I'm running mine on an AP15001.d, so I'm "over powering" too. Just keep the gain reasonable. Also, everything I've read says they'll do 1000 watts fine in the right box and with some care.

How long have you had it? Mine was noticeably louder after like 3 weeks or so. You can feel how stiff that spider is new.

Because the way the sub and port face could make a pretty big difference in output.
well the sub and port are facing the same way. It's a slot port design

I'm running mine on an AP15001.d, so I'm "over powering" too. Just keep the gain reasonable. Also, everything I've read says they'll do 1000 watts fine in the right box and with some care.
How long have you had it? Mine was noticeably louder after like 3 weeks or so. You can feel how stiff that spider is new.
I've had it for 2 weeks.

id mabey say you have the wired hooked up in the wrong slots like make shure the wires arent right next to each other you have to skip a space read the manual also might help

Give it a another week or two, it will get louder. I think I've had mine for a month, and it seems to still be getting louder/lower. AQ's appear to take more break in time than anything out there.

What car/box does your friend have? If he's in a hatch that would obviously matter, or a bigger box tuned higher maybe?

id mabey say you have the wired hooked up in the wrong slots like make shure the wires arent right next to each other you have to skip a space read the manual also might help
Wires are hooked up to the 1st positive post and the first negative post from left to right. The sub is wired down to 2 ohms.

Give it a another week or two, it will get louder. I think I've had mine for a month, and it seems to still be getting louder/lower. AQ's appear to take more break in time than anything out there.
What car/box does your friend have? If he's in a hatch that would obviously matter, or a bigger box tuned higher maybe?
He had some a bandpass box in a civic coupe.

He had some a bandpass box in a civic coupe.
There you go. A bandpass is more efficient (louder), a hatch is almost always louder than a trunk, and it's a smaller car to pressurize. Everything is working against you.

You will gain volume as it breaks in more, but I'm not surprised his seems louder (on the notes that box is tuned for).

What HU do you have?

Settings on amp? Gain? Lpf? Ssf?

What size/brand wire are you using for the amp/sub

are you using the bass/clip knob it comes with?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

swollen_cu

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
swollen_cu
New Orleans
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date