are expensive copper post terminals worth it?

LoudSound

Senior VIP Member
Toronto
I have seen 3 choices.

1)terminals with 2 screws for rings.

2)terminals with 0 4 8 awg slots where you screw in the cable

3)custom, expensive all copper post terminals with like 6 screws for rings.

I know 3 is the best, but still wanted to get opinions.

Also, should I run a distribution block or just do several wires?

Just school me before i do something dumb like run a 000 wire to my trunk ;D

Copper is probably a poor choice since it is so prone to oxidation/corrosion. You should look for something that is gold/platinum plated or solid aluminum so it won't degrade your connection as it is exposed to the elements.

Copper is probably a poor choice since it is so prone to oxidation/corrosion. You should look for something that is gold/platinum plated or solid aluminum so it won't degrade your connection as it is exposed to the elements.
Gold would be the only metal not subject to much if any oxidation/corrosion!!

Or don't y'all know much about chemistry? Want know another certificate I EARNED? Highest grade in my Freshman in college chemistry class! Got me a complimentary copy of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics too!

John Kuthe...

Gold would be the only metal not subject to much if any oxidation/corrosion!!
Or don't y'all know much about chemistry? Want know another certificate I EARNED? Highest grade in my Freshman in college chemistry class! Got me a complimentary copy of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics too!

John Kuthe...
The most pompous, educated, decerated f ucking idiot in the world.

With a sh itty mini van.

The most pompous, educated, decerated f ucking idiot in the world. With a sh itty mini van.
Baby II is a beautiful albeit too big for my tastes minivan. She;s gonna be even prettier when I get her painted S L U T RED! Soon! Tax refund. :)

And she certainly SOUNDS the part now! With a promise of sounding even better when I go full active and DSP EQ majic! :) But for now, this passive setup will do just fine!

John Kuthe...

Baby II is a beautiful albeit too big for my tastes minivan. She;s gonna be even prettier when I get her painted S L U T RED! Soon! Tax refund. :)
And she certainly SOUNDS the part now! With a promise of sounding even better when I go full active and DSP EQ majic! :) But for now, this passive setup will do just fine!

John Kuthe...

S T F U... No one gives a ****..

Lol give the man a break. Sure he's annoying and thinks his system is super duper advanced but no need to be an arse lol

im getting the $10 gold plated terminals end of story

john, there's other companies other than Alpine out there. And better places than crutchfield. I'm guessing that's where you got everything since when I google the stuff crutchfield comes up first.

For that money you spent you could have built a way better system. all you got is coaxial 6x9 and 5.25s. That can't sound that good.

S T F U... No one gives a ****..
I don't CARE!! I have what I wanted now. It was a long row to hoe to get it to this point, but WE DID IT! With some help I derived here. And thank you to everyone who helped!

And F U CK YOU to all the nattering naysayers of negativism you car audio denizens promulgated here! :-(

John Kuthe...

Lol give the man a break. Sure he's annoying and thinks his system is super duper advanced but no need to be an arse lol
im getting the $10 gold plated terminals end of story

john, there's other companies other than Alpine out there. And better places than crutchfield. I'm guessing that's where you got everything since when I google the stuff crutchfield comes up first.

For that money you spent you could have built a way better system. all you got is coaxial 6x9 and 5.25s. That can't sound that good.
Yes, I have come to know all the things you've said here. Yes there are much better car audio components than Alpine, but Alpine stuff does not s u c k to badly except it's made in CHINA!! :-( And yes I could have designed and had built for me a better system with better components, but Alpine is what I chose initially. But I now have a JL Audio sub and PHD 5.25" comps!! Both of which I LOVE!! And the BEST thing is the PHD 5.25" comps fit perfectly in my 2006 Grand Caravan's factory speaker locations! With a little repair to one which I did!!

John Kuthe...

Every post you reply to you just start talking about yourself..
Not necessarily!

But right now I am VERY excited to have gotten my car audio system performing the way I knew it could! VERY well! So I DO tend to go on and on about that!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.