Are these eBay focal speakers real or fake? (techsoundsystem seller)

murkr
10+ year member

fl
I know I'm about to get flamed for this, but do you think these are real? they are being sold on ebay BUT, the seller sold many of these, all good feedback, and his listings dont get closed due to counterfeit, so it makes me believe they are real.

Kit Focal 165KR2 Elite K2 Power 6 5" 17cm 160 Watts Car Stereo Component Speake 3544056751310 | eBay

the seller is "techsoundsystem" focal even commented that he is not an authorized dealer, but they didnt say they were fakes. I would think someone on the internet would call him out already if they were fakes.

yes, yes, i know it hurts the industry, please dont patronize me about buying from an authorized dealer, i just want to know if they look real or fake to you, and if fake, how can you tell?

Could somebody explain to me why that set of comps is $600?

I've heard that brand mentioned before, but never looked into it... They really worth that much? Or is it a hype thing like Apple products?

Usually a good sign when its shipped from italy rather than hong kong. Seller is probably clearing out stock at dealer prices.
yeah i learned that as well. I just read that most eBay focals are fake, but they cant all be.. They look legit as hell, but i dont really know what to look for lol. If anyone has any focals please chime in. He sells pretty much all the different model focals, there's alot. So if you spot one that's fake, that would mean all are fake, albeit good fakes.

Could somebody explain to me why that set of comps is $600? I've heard that brand mentioned before, but never looked into it... They really worth that much? Or is it a hype thing like Apple products?
This $600 is insanely cheap too lol. In stores these sell for $1000+

thanks for not flaming me guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif looks like this message board has good people. my paintball forums.. now thats another story lol.

Idk man they might just be legit... At least in the photos no promises what you see is what you'll get... But with his feedback, if I had 600 I felt like spending on door speakers I'd buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could somebody explain to me why that set of comps is $600? I've heard that brand mentioned before, but never looked into it... They really worth that much? Or is it a hype thing like Apple products?
you've heard of soundqubed but you never heard of focal? Its one of the most famous mainstream extra high end car audio companies out there. Way above JL and rockford.

OP, that model is discontinued for awhile now, low price might just mean that he needs to clear room for new stock. Also buying overseas from europe is generally cheaper than in the US when it comes to audiophile gear.

you've heard of soundqubed but you never heard of focal? Its one of the most famous mainstream extra high end car audio companies out there. Way above JL and rockford.
I've heard of JL and rockford. There also not running $600+ comps...

That is just to **** much for door speakers lol

thanks for the advice guys. Yeah im not happy about spending $600 on door speakers, but in all my years of mainstream brands and mediocre quality i wanted something high-high end in my g37.

For subs i got a single FI Q 15" running on a soundqubed 2200

and I spent $500 on sound deadening from second skin. I want a set up that will blow me away with high quality lol, i want it to sound like a **** recording studio "or close". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

thanks for the advice guys. Yeah im not happy about spending $600 on door speakers, but in all my years of mainstream brands and mediocre quality i wanted something high-high end in my g37.
Wish you were a bit closer so I could get a demo.

I'd like to hear these speakers.

For subs i got a single FI Q 15" running on a soundqubed 2200

and I spent $500 on sound deadening from second skin. I want a set up that will blow me away with high quality lol, i want it to sound like a **** recording studio "or close". //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
You can achieve that by going 3 way active and proper tuning. Do a full 3 way set of scanspeak discoveries mids and midbasses with some seas prestige tweeters with a DSP, properly time aligned and RTA'd and you'll be absolutely blown away. Scanspeak is the new @ss kickers in the SQ competition world taking home all kinds of trophies. I've listened to them with another focal car side by side. I'd have to agree that scanspeak drivers sound way better. This is beyond just normal recording studio, its a sound bath in sonic heaven.

You can achieve that by going 3 way active and proper tuning. Do a full 3 way set of scanspeak discoveries mids and midbasses with some seas prestige tweeters with a DSP, properly time aligned and RTA'd and you'll be absolutely blown away. Scanspeak is the new @ss kickers in the SQ competition world taking home all kinds of trophies. I've listened to them with another focal car side by side. I'd have to agree that scanspeak drivers sound way better. This is beyond just normal recording studio, its a sound bath in sonic heaven.
can you show me somewhere that backs that up? I just looked at there website, the speakers dont good that great but i no its not about looks. I dont see price either, how much are they? for the setup you just described?

EDIT: okay i found price, but what made you pick those set of speakers, are they the high end they offer?

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/scanspeak/?p=catalog&mode=manufacturer&mid=9&pg=1&CatalogSetSortBy=price_desc

also you say these are the new kickers? but i see threads talking about this company that are 8+ yrs old

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.