Attention volstitan908

brtnboarder3241
5,000+ posts

Banned
Basically i received my orion 2500D from volstitan908. I did know that the rca's were lose but was reassured that it still worked. Well i hooked it up today and the amp saw power but my sub was not producing. So i took it off, and into the house. My dad has been an electrical engineer for 25+ years and i asked him for help. We took the back off and as i knew the rca's had problems i explained this to him. I told him that i bought it with rca issues but was told it still worked 100%. Well after testing it, we realized the problems that are stated in the pm's below. I tried to keep it to pms asking for my money back but you wouldnt. This led to what is now a paypal dispute. I hope we can both reach an agreement.

I have tried to settle this through pm's this is what i sent you

pm 1 brtnboarder3241 -hey bro.. that amp gets power but it does not put out

pm 2 from volstitan908- jlfx can vouch ... it was wanging the night i took it out ... are your rca hooked up in the output ?

i dont know what to tell you ... it was in 100% working condition when it was in my truck

pm 3 from brtnboarder3241-Me and my dad have worked about an hour and a half and found that the problem is that the input connector is damaged to the point where the ground is completely gone on the input connector (the outter gold contacts are not connected to ground). Also one of the input contacts on the connector is broken free of the pc board. I have no idea how this worked for you. So all i am asking for is my money back ($230.00) and i will ship it back to you. thank you and please get back to me asap. Thanks

pm 4 from volstitan908- sorry man i cant do refunds ...

anyways i dont have the money anyways ... you knew when you bought that the rcas were loose ... sorry ..

These pms are from before i bought it February 11,12th(it was the pm through am)

volstitan908-will have shipped to you for 330

brtnboarder3241-no thanks man i didnt realize it had problems with it..lol thanks though and gl selling

volstitan908-ill take what i put into it if you really want

brtnboarder3241-how much?

volstitan908- i paid 230

brtnboarder3241- whats actually wrong?

volstitan908-RCA is loose according to my buddy

brtnboarder3241- did u hook it up everything sound fine?

volstitan908-my buddy said it just needs resoldered

volstitan908- yeah i worked just fine for me ... i had hooked up for 8 days ... then need to sell for the other amps im buying

and they go so one

I REALLY HOPE WE CAN REACH AN AGREEMENT ON THIS.

you were well aware that there was a problem ... it worked in my truck i got many ppl that can vouch including jlfxcaraudio sorry man for your problems ... it just ***** you dont read the fine print ... cause you knew good and well something was wrong ... and i guess you either fix it for about 175+ or you sell it ...

buyer beware.

The guy tells you the RCAs are lose and when the amp shows up....the RCA's are infact lose.

You should of gone with your first instinct not to buy if you where not prepaired to deal with a less than perfect amp.

The guy knocks off a few bucks and you totally change your mind and buy it from him. Don't waste his time and expect him to take it back.

Hope you two can work this out....tough situation. But like he said above^^^^a $100 price drop on a $300 ticket should throw up a red flag. Loose rca's usually lead to one thing....a non working amp in the NEAR future.

V.

buyer beware.
The guy tells you the RCAs are lose and when the amp shows up....the RCA's are infact lose.

You should of gone with your first instinct not to buy if you where not prepaired to deal with a less than perfect amp.

The guy knocks off a few bucks and you totally change your mind and buy it from him. Don't waste his time and expect him to take it back.
true they were loose when i bought them but was told it was working in 100% order (look at the pm's) when i got it they were completely broken. not working at all in a non working condition..100% not working

i was told it worked 100% so i thought i wouldnt have to deal with any **** but apparently i have to now.

"the rca's are loose AND it's in 100% working condition".

- I think that that statement says it all. You had warning, you choose to be neive.

Also, think of it this way. What if it did work...for one day. Or one week, or one month. What's the difference? Would you still want your money back?

The bottom line is that you knew what you where getting into, you just hoped to get the best of both worlds...a discounted price and a fully functioning amp.

I think you should pay to have it fixed or re-sell it with a warning to potential buyers.

T

RCA's being "loose" and being broken off the PCB is two distinctly different things. If its broken from the PCB it cant work properly. So saying it was working properly and a buyer getting an item that obvious can not function properly, I smell BS.

If the facts are correct the seller obviously ripped the buyer off, period.

There is no loose. It either works or it doesnt, period. Stop making excuses for being a shcmuck. You sold a faulty amp full well knowing it didnt workand/or there is a serious issue with it. Dont try to disguise it or sugar coat or try to act stupid.

Dont try and say "Well you should of known better the price was to low". Som people still get deals.

An obvious rip off. I would let this guy learn the hard way. Call your charge card company and do a charge back. Get your money back and Pay pal can worry about getting their $$$ back from the seller. Thats my advice.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

"the rca's are loose AND it's in 100% working condition".
- I think that that statement says it all. You had warning, you choose to be neive.

Also, think of it this way. What if it did work...for one day. Or one week, or one month. What's the difference? Would you still want your money back?

The bottom line is that you knew what you where getting into, you just hoped to get the best of both worlds...a discounted price and a fully functioning amp.

I think you should pay to have it fixed or re-sell it with a warning to potential buyers.

T

So if I bought a used car that you tell me is perfect and I cant get the car to start since theres not motor I have no right to be pissed?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Ya there you go, resell it! Just tell people the RCA is loose and you couldnt get it installed, but the person who sold it to you gaurntee's its to work 100%...

Personally I have owned and ran four of these 2500ds so I know a little about these amps but I think this is more general than that. The amp was described with rca connection problems, claiming they were loose.

That part is understood by both parties so we can put that aside and ignore onegr8greekguy's comments.

The fact is the amp was 100% working when purchased, The amp, upon arrival, is not working. The seller did infact NOT keep his part of the agreement to sell a working amp.

And onegr8greekguy had a fair point in saying whys it matter if it works for a day, week, or month? But the matter of the fact is it did not work upon arrival which is really when the liability gets handed over from the seller to purchaser, because that is the last point of a sale in showing the item was sold as described is when the purchaser tests it for the first time.

That's all fine and dandy but things don't stay 'loose' forever. Eventually they fall off.

I stick to my point of view on this one. The guy got proper warning and a discount that he thought was fair.

The rca's where in bad shape as promised by the seller and sure as **** they didn't all of a sudden repair themselves on the trip to the buyers house.

Bottom line...buyer got what he paid for...an amp in need of repair.

T

That's all fine and dandy but things don't stay 'loose' forever. Eventually they fall off.
I stick to my point of view on this one. The guy got proper warning and a discount that he thought was fair.

The rca's where in bad shape as promised by the seller and sure as **** they didn't all of a sudden repair themselves on the trip to the buyers house.

T
I understand things eventually fall of, but in this case they "fell off"(broke) between volstitan908 receiving the amp and me receiving the amp from

volstitan908. The rca's were in need of repiar and the part that was claimed to be needed repiar was the looseness (only the looseness) in the rca. That was it.He failed to mention that the actual stalk/module in and of the rca (which turned out to be both grounds were gone on the input side and one of the power connectors was gone on 1 of the 2 on the input side) Was completly broken and none working ( 0 % working)

The rca's where in bad shape as promised by the seller
they were considered that because the "looseness in the rca" but as stated by the seller (volstitan908) that the rca's and amp still worked 100%

The amp that i bought was stated to work 100%. The repair that was needed to correct the rca's was not necessary for the amp to function 100%(since he stated it worked 100% even with the looseness in the rca's)

THE AMP I RECEIVED WORKS 0%.

I should advise you to read over your stuff, learn the facts and details then proceed to post.

Thank you

I personally think this is wrong, the item was bought with ISSUES on th RCAs. When the amp was recieved it was DEAD. From what I read there is no way the amp was working when it was shipped. There is a differance between BROKEN and LOOSE.

If you're saying more than a loose or seperated rca was the problem then you've got a case. I couldn't make out your diagnosis of the problem in your last post exactly. You mentioned something about a power wire I believe??

But like I said before...if the damage is LIMITED to a loose or completely seperated rca...then you've allready been compensated for it when you negotiated a new price with the seller taking into account repairs you'd have to make.

If you're saying more than a loose or seperated rca was the problem then you've got a case. I couldn't make out your diagnosis of the problem in your last post exactly. You mentioned something about a power wire I believe??
But like I said before...if the damage is LIMITED to a loose or completely seperated rca...then you've allready been compensated for it when you negotiated a new price with the seller taking into account repairs you'd have to make.

I disagree. If the ground that connects the shielding to the RCA shround is completly broke, which the OP stated, then this amp has further damage than described.

You said loose in which the small tabs that hold most in place may need rebending.

You did not mention that the ground was completly seperated causeing the amp to not be 100% functional as described.

OP, call your bank and get your fraud department. They WILL stop payment and reverse on paypal. Ive had them do it.

Last option is to send it off to be repaired. Cost for an issue like this is $100 dont pay anymore. $1 for the solder to fix and $99 labor lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

brtnboarder3241

5,000+ posts
Banned
brtnboarder3241
saint charles, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies