AudioControl LC7i Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

BonerBob

The Baconator!
Arizona
Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and I've searched the boards high and low for an answer, but have been unable to find it, so here it goes...

I have a new LC7i to add to my factory system along with new coaxial and component speakers and subs with 2 amplifiers. I'm trying to figure out how in the World I wire the LC7i up from my factory system and the factory wiring coming out of the factory amplifier that is suppose to go into the LC7i as you can see in the diagram below. I’m a bit confused as to what wires go where from the factory amplifier to the LC7i for the front doors. There's a Front RT/LT Midrange & Front RT/LT wire going into each front door, but I can only run one of those wires to the LC7i.

View attachment 26551300

View attachment 26551301

My factory system has a midrange speaker and a tweeter in each front door panel, but the LC7i doesn’t have an input for these extra speaker wires. Which wires am I suppose to put into the LC7i so I can run new wires to the new component speakers in the front doors from my new aftermarket amplifier?

The only way I can think of doing is just keeping the factory tweeter in my doors and leave the wiring to those hooked up to the factory amplifier and then just install my new component speaker in the lower of the doors and run the wires from my new aftermarket amplifier to those instead of trying to install the new tweeter along with it? Am I confusing anyone yet?

What I’d like to do is just disconnect both speakers in my doors and run one wire to each door and install the new speakers using the new splitter separating the new tweeter and midrange speaker like any other normal install, but my factory system is ******* this whole thing up and getting me completely ******* confused as to what I should do… any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

i don't get what your confused about? everything you asked you have an answer to...? chances are your factory tweeters have a bass blocker capacitor thing and are running from the kids speaker wire just jumped from it. i kept all stock wiring in the doors as it was too much to pull it all out and run new wire. your car has a factory amp?

First you'll need to identify the signals at your factory amplifier. For a non-Bose system, you may have full range front and rear or in some instances you may have separate signals for tweeters and mids for front, full range for rear and sometimes a sub.

If you have separate factory signals for tweeters and mids in front, connect the tweeters to channel 1, the mids to channel 3 and the rear to channel 2. Sum channel 3 to main and leave channel 2 separate. On the output side, channel 1 is your front signal (summed from channel 1 and 3), channel 2 is your rear signal (remains separate) and channel 3 is your sub signal (using the front door woofer signal). Alternatively, If you have a factory sub and want to use that and are OK with losing F/R fade, then remove the rear signals, move the front doors to channel 2 (sum channel 2 to main), connect the sub signal to channel 3 (separate from main). Now channel 1 is front/rear (use a splitter or 2 channel mode on your amp) and channel 3 is sub.

If your factory signals are simply full range front/rear and no sub, then connect front to channel 1, rear to channel 2 and let the LC6i automatically create a sub signal for you on channel 3. Channel 3 uses a feature called AutoMode to look for signal; if there is no signal present on channel 3, it looks to channel 2 (your rear signal in this case). You'll end up with channel 1 for fronts, channel 2 for rears and channel 3 for sub.

thats from audiocontrol themselves.. i installed an lc6i 2 weeks ago and had a similar question. this is the thread

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/611553-lc6i-install-help.html

That's why I'm confused, because the factory speaker outputs show the rear doors are full range, but it has separate wiring to the midrange and tweeter speakers in the front door. There is no factory sub or sub output.

If you look at the photo of the wiring diagram for the Connector C, you'll see the speaker wires coming out of my factory amplifier.

yes the rears are full range, and in the front you have a mid and a tweeter. did you read what audiocontrol said? it explains it.

C1500martin explained what I need to do and I found exactly what he said on another board about the same issue someone else was having. I appreciate your help =)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.