AudioFrog????

Thanks for the replys everybody and gfy jane kuthe,I've had more productive craps that have more experiance and knowledge than you.I'm Gonna go ahead and buy them,so I'll report back what I think about them. They will be run off a pair of pg titanium 500.4's passive for now. I will be doing rta and other stuff,it will be interesting going soley sq on a car

... and gfy jane kuthe,I've had more productive craps that have more experiance and knowledge than you...
I only told you what I'd heard! I bookmarked their site. That's not in any way based on my knowlege or experience!

John Kuthe...

I've heard them and they sound heavenly. Was tempted to buy, but a stack for a set of comps is a bit much. Top end stuff thou. And they have a SQ woofer with a 3" coil. Legit stuff if you can afford it

I've heard them and they sound heavenly. Was tempted to buy, but a stack for a set of comps is a bit much. Top end stuff thou. And they have a SQ woofer with a 3" coil. Legit stuff if you can afford it
Stack? $1000? Yes I saw the GB10D2 and GB10D4. Wonder how the SQ Subs from AF compare to the JL Audio 10W7.

I'm running the GS10 1" tweeters with a B2 reference mid.

I'm very impressed. They sound very good and handle power great.

I listen to a lot of different genres and the Audio Frogs sound great on any type of music.

I currently run the GB10's, GB25's, GB2510C's and GS693's (as dedicated mid bass). I also own (but have yet to install) GS42's for a center channel and GS62's for rear channels. I have also owned (but have since sold) a pair of GB60's. All speakers were purchased from Crutchfield with the exception of the GS62's which I purchased on Ebay as a result of a forum post over on DIYMA.

The GB line is VERY nice…solid design/build quality and they sound the best 'right out of the box' than any speakers I have used before…which is to say they seem to require less processing to sound he way I like compared to other products. I use the GS693's as mid bass drivers but I have listened to them full range and they sound very clean and balanced. I am also a big fan of the overall aesthetics of the AF products…they look clean, not-frilly, no bright colors or goofy markings…it's nice that a car audio product manufacturer took a moment to add a touch of class in the design of the speaker. The look really echoes the products performance; no nonsense, clean and refined.

But it's not all sunshine and lollipops…I do have a couple gripes…the first may be a design issue…the GB25's have a TINY hole to insert wire, requiring really small gauge wire to be used. The GB25 also incorporates hex-head inset screw-down terminals (which are usually a high-end option and excellent choice). This makes for bad combo…at least it did for me…as soon as I tightened down the screw (just a tiny bit) the set screw would cut through the wire. I tried some very high quality wire and would still cut through it…I even tried 'tinning' the wire first (which was a real bi*th due to the aforementioned tiny wire hole) and still managed to cut through the wire…and I WAS NOT over tightening. I eventually found the tightening 'sweet spot' and they were all set…for a while…

…which leads me to my second gripe about the GB25's…this may be a QC issue…one day I noticed one of the the mids was sounding scratchy…after much troubleshooting I found that one of the screw-down terminals on the outside was making intermittent contact with the inside solder joint (just inside the basket). I had to remove the little +/- label to expose the solder connection and I soldered the wire lead directly to that, bypassing the screw-down input. I did this to both terminals of the mid and have had no issue since. Later on down the road the other mid developed the same issue and I remedied it the same way, soldering on the speaker wire leads.

The issues aside the GB25 in particular is a seriously good sounding speaker…I'm running mine in pods that are only about 1.5 cups of air sealed…yes about 1.5 CUPS…that's tiny…and they sound fantastic! I'm running them with 100 rms per channel in conjunction with the GB10 tweets both running through the GB2510C passive crossovers. I have the GB25's high-passed at 315hz @ 24db.

Here are a few threads with pics of some of the equipment installed:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/626818-audiofrog-audiomobile-jl-audio-knu-concepts-false-floor-sub-enclosure.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/626708-audiofrog-gb10-gb25-pillar-podz.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/617930-audiofrog-gb10-gb25-dash-podz.html

My current system has the GB10's in the A-pillar, the GB25's in the sail, the GS693's in front door factory location, processor is an Alpine PXA-h800, subwoofer is an Audiomobile MASS 12 dvc all being pushed by a JL HD900/5. Soundstage is 2 channel stereo.

I just finished gathering the equipment for the next phase in my systems evolution. I will be moving the GB25's back to the upper door location and the GB10's back to the A-pillar podz(see pics in threads), I will be adding a pair of GS62's in the rear door factory location for rear channels, I will also be adding a single GS42 in the dash for the center channel. I will be replacing the !2inch MASS with a 15 inch TC Sounds TC1000 dvc. I will also add a second JL HD900/5. Each of the seven channels will get a dedicated 100rms (Lt Ft high, Lt Ft low, Lt rear, center, Rt Ft high, Rt Ft low, Rt rear) and each coil of the sub will get a dedicated 500rms from each channel of the HD900'5's for 1000rms. The processor gives me the choice of Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1, DTS 5.1 Surround, and Alpine 'Euphony' 5.1.

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently run the GB10's, GB25's, GB2510C's and GS693's (as dedicated mid bass). I also own (but have yet to install) GS42's for a center channel and GS62's for rear channels. I have also owned (but have since sold) a pair of GB60's. All speaker were purchased from Crutchfield with the exception of the GS62's which I purchased on Ebay as a result of a forum post over on DIYMA.
The GB line is VERY nice…solid design/build quality and they sound the best 'right out of the box' than any speakers I have used before…which is to say they seem to require less processing to sound he way I like compared to other products. I use the GS693's as mid bass drivers but I have listened to them full range and they sound very clean and balanced. I am also a big fan of the overall aesthetics of the AF products…they look clean, not-frilly, no bright colors or goofy markings…it's nice that a car audio product manufacturer took a moment to add a touch of class in the design of the speaker. The look really echoes the products performance; no nonsense, clean and refined.

But it's not all sunshine and lollipops…I do have a couple gripes…the first may be maybe a design issue…the GB25's have a TINY hole to insert wire, requiring really small gauge wire to be used. The GB25 also incorporates hex-head inset screw-down terminals (which are usually a high-end option and excellent choice). This makes for bad combo…at least it did for me…as soon as I tightened down the screw (just a tiny bit) the set screw would cut through the wire. I tried some very high quality wire and would still cut through it…I even tried 'tinning' the wire first (which was a real bi*th due to the aforementioned tiny wire hole) and still managed to cut throughout the wire…and I WAS NOT over tightening. I eventually found the tightening 'sweet spot' and they were all set…for a while…

…which leads me to my second gripe about the GB25's…this may be a QC issue…one day I noticed one of the the mids was sounding scratchy…after much troubleshooting I found that one of the screw-down terminals on the outside was making intermittent contact with the inside solder joint (just inside the basket). I had to remove the little +/- label to expose the solder connection and I soldered the wire lead directly to that, bypassing the screw-down input. I did this to both terminals of the mid and have had no issue since. Later on down the road the other mid developed the same issue and I remedied it the same way, soldering on the speaker wire leads.

The issues aside the GB25 in particular is a seriously good sounding speaker…I'm running mine in pods that are only about 1.5 cups of air sealed…yes about 1.5 CUPS…that's tiny…and they sound fantastic! I'm running them with 100 rms per channel in conjunction with the GB10 tweets both running through the GB2510C passive crossovers. I have the GB25's high-passed at 315hz @ 24db.

Here are a few threads with pics of some of the equipment installed:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/626818-audiofrog-audiomobile-jl-audio-knu-concepts-false-floor-sub-enclosure.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/626708-audiofrog-gb10-gb25-pillar-podz.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/617930-audiofrog-gb10-gb25-dash-podz.html

My current system has the GB10's in the A-pillar, the GB25's in the sail, the GS693's in front door factory location, processor is an Alpine PXA-h800, subwoofer is an Audiomobile MASS 12 dvc all being pushed by a JL HD900/5. Soundstage is 2 channel stereo.

I just finished gathering the equipment for the next phase in my systems evolution. I will be moving the GB25's back to the upper door location and the GB10's back to the A-pillar podz(see pics in threads), I will be adding a pair of GS62'sin the rear door factory location for rear channels, I will also be adding a single GS42 in the dash for the center channel. I will be replacing the !2inch MASS with a 15 in TC Sounds TC1000 dvc. I will also add a second JL HD900/5. Each of the seven channels will get a dedicated 100rms (Lt Ft high, Lt Ft low, Lt rear, center, Rt Ft high, Rt Ft low, Fr rear) and each coil of the sub will get a dedicated 500rms from each channel of the HD900'5's for 1000rms. The processor gives me the choice of Dolby Pro Logic II 5.1, DTS 5.1 Surround, and Alpine 'Euphony' 5.1.
Nice write up. i had some issue with the hex screw terminal on my GB25 also, but I called/emailed AF and they sent new one right away. The customer service was Great!

Nice write up. i had some issue with the hex screw terminal on my GB25 also, but I called/emailed AF and they sent new one right away. The customer service was Great!
When I was considering buying the GS693's I needed to know the dimensions of the metal grill insert. So I emailed Andy and asked him what they were…instead of emailing me back a handful of #'s he emailed me asking for my mailing address so he could send me a grill assembly(and he did). THAT is outstanding customer service…before I was even a customer!

Wow now that's some damned good customer service. I will be going through authorized channels just for the warranty. Great write up NSTALN.
You bet! Great thing about the Internet is we can tell everyone in some audience such as here. I will mark that in my mind about AudioFrog! Another good thing I heard!

John Kuthe...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.