Audiopipe APK-5500

This amp is basically identical to the VFL 500.1 and the new Skar 4500. The use the same board and layout. And components appear to be very close, but without all 3 to visually inspect No one can say 100%. But they are **** close.... The APK2500 is the same borad as the BC2k. I have not seen the 3500 or the 4500 yet to make a judgment. But from what I have seen they will perform vary close to others in their class.

These amps a ridiculously cheap for being what they are. Only the Crescendo is closest in price, but you can't just go to any local shop and get them either. Not to mention warranty, being able to go back to a local shop and usually just exchange it for a new amp.

it says this first This is a new Audiopipe APK-5500 that is rated 3500 watt Maxand then

this 5500 Watt MAX
^^^ This

Bet if you dropped all of the cookie cutter 5k amps in the same install the performance to price ratio would put this one near the top..
If this was 500$ or less I guess.... RATED 3500W!!!! If you think AB500.1 or Zenon 5K (Atomic, Cactus, etc.) wouldn't do more than that I've got news for you.

If you know the right ppl you can get legit 5K amps for around that price new. I guess the days of .10$ per watt audiopipe are long gone. Shame since they used to be a budget friendly option for a lot of ppl.

^^^ This

If this was 500$ or less I guess.... RATED 3500W!!!! If you think AB500.1 or Zenon 5K (Atomic, Cactus, etc.) wouldn't do more than that I've got news for you.

If you know the right ppl you can get legit 5K amps for around that price new. I guess the days of .10$ per watt audiopipe are long gone. Shame since they used to be a budget friendly option for a lot of ppl.
The only way your gonna get a 5k NEW at $875 is MAYBE if you get "team pricing" other then that the ONLY company that anyone can say is the same price is Crescendo. And from what I have seen these amps will do just as well as them. It is an old design that has been around for years and used by several companies.

^^^ This

Im talking average guy, I dont know anybody that owns a company to get a great discount on any of the 5k amps brand new

The price to performance ratio is not gonna be worth an extra 200-300 for dc, sundown, etc over cresendo or ap, its just not

Meh, I know a few guys that can get 5K's for me new at @ 900+ shipping (a few different ones). By the looks of the thread at FloridaSPL it is identical board to AB500.1, but why the "3500W" rating? Or more importantly why the 3500W rating and 5500 "max" rating. I can see calling it 3500W for competition purposes, but this makes little sense.

I guess I'll reserve my judgement until someone clamps one.

Oh also there's a VMInovations coupon out there that's good for like 15% off if anyone wants to pull the trigger on one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.