Audiopipe APSM-1500 Protection for a few seconds?

That will double the ohms from 1 to 2 right? Like it doubles 2 to 4 in that example you showed?
I don't have them wired like that, I have it wired like this, I'll draw a crappy paint drawing.

View attachment 26533206
1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

Did you do this yet?

No I'll have to tomorrow. Is that what it's going to do tho? Double it was 1 ohm to 2 ohms?
When you wire two voice coils with identical impedance, in parallel, it gives you a final impedance of half of one of the voice coils. Thats what you did. And you ended up with a .5 ohm load. You need to wire your voice coils in a series, which will give you a final impedance of twice that of one of your voice coils. I only know the basics, and there's certainly much more to it than that, but you get the idea.

When you wire two voice coils with identical impedance, in parallel, it gives you a final impedance of half of one of the voice coils. Thats what you did. And you ended up with a .5 ohm load. You need to wire your voice coils in a series, which will give you a final impedance of twice that of one of your voice coils. I only know the basics, and there's certainly much more to it than that, but you get the idea.
Alright so does it matter where I put the 2 wires coming out that will go into the amp? Can I put them in any negative and positive terminal?

Yes it matters, lol. Do EXACTLY what the diagram says. Put a short wire leading from the + post of one voice coil to the - post on the other voice coil. This will leave you with one positive post and one negative post open on each voice coil.... hook them up to your amp accordingly. + to +, - to -. use good speaker wire for all of this....

Alright so does it matter where I put the 2 wires coming out that will go into the amp? Can I put them in any negative and positive terminal?
just realized that you were talking about the fact that the apsm has 4 terminal screws. 2 + and 2 -... lol, my bad. no, that part doesn't matter, I just use the two that are farthest apart.

Edit: just make sure you're doing it right this time. double check to make sure everything is perfect before hooking it up.

And make sure that they are different coils I seen 1 guy hook the + and - together on 1 coil and run the other + and - of the remaining coil to the amp and that was his idea of series lol.

And make sure that they are different coils I seen 1 guy hook the + and - together on 1 coil and run the other + and - of the remaining coil to the amp and that was his idea of series lol.
Lol, I swear I did that about 11 years ago before I started dabbling in car audio. I had a alpine type-r and wanted to run it at 8 ohms off a 300 watt PA amp in a powered sub box off my home system. Ruined it in minutes.... Lmao

[quote name='madcad95']And make sure that they are different coils I seen 1 guy hook the + and - together on 1 coil and run the other + and - of the remaining coil to the amp and that was his idea of series lol.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you don't do this @Quick...

Lol, I swear I did that about 11 years ago before I started dabbling in car audio. I had a alpine type-r and wanted to run it at 8 ohms off a 300 watt PA amp in a powered sub box off my home system. Ruined it in minutes.... Lmao
There were Alpine Type R's 11 years ago? I didn't realize they had been around that long.

So much fail itt
Bro Im just going off what I know about my old sony HU. It had a bass level option that went from 0 to 10 (which you always wanted at 10) and then it had a second bass level that was actually a bass boost which could go up to 10 as well and it would clip the crap out of the system.

My bad. Someone else help the guy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.