Audiopulse Axis w00t!

emilimo701
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
They are rated at 2500w RMS. However, old and new TC Axis subs are rated at 1000w RMS. Confused I am.

I'm looking for an amp for my 15".... can they really take 2500? 3000? Who has experience with these?

It's just collecting dust rust now. Help motivate me to put this in action people

They are just rated differently, a 1000 watts is good, 2-3k peaks are OK. The Audiopulse and new TC Axis take the about same power. If you have a big amp, throw it on, but keep in mind 2500 watts of true continuous power will eventually melt any normal speaker coil in existence with enough time. Even a few hundred watts for 24+ hours will make an Axis coil **** hot, but of course no one runs subs this long under normal conditions which is good news.

They are just rated differently, a 1000 watts is good, 2-3k peaks are OK. The Audiopulse and new TC Axis take the about same power. If you have a big amp, throw it on, but keep in mind 2500 watts of true continuous power will eventually melt any normal speaker coil in existence with enough time. Even a few hundred watts for 24+ hours will make an Axis coil **** hot, but of course no one runs subs this long under normal conditions which is good news.
nah the AP Axis is rated at 2500 continuous. that's why i b confuzzled

I run a new LMS-R with about 1500rms daily

RMS rating is 1000. Even at 1500 it looks like the sub can take much more.

Not sure if its the same on the new Axis line but im sure they will do more than rated

nah the AP Axis is rated at 2500 continuous. that's why i b confuzzled
Thats a good question,

That rating is for an amplifier recommendation and 2500 watts is just fine for the AP or the TC. Many use the Axis with the pro audio EP2500 / EP4000 which does deliver 2400 watts RMS. But if you put a sinwave on that sub for days on end at that level, it would not survive, I don't think much would, not even the LMS 5400. 1000 watts is a much closer long term rating and still probably even overrated, but a 2, 3 or even 4,000 watt short term peak power is fine for that sub and the LMS-R.

so you're saying they changed how they rate their subwoofers? that's a pretty big thing to change even if you are running under a different name/company

Thats a good question,
That rating is for an amplifier recommendation and 2500 watts is just fine for the AP or the TC. Many use the Axis with the pro audio EP2500 / EP4000 which does deliver 2400 watts RMS. But if you put a sinwave on that sub for days on end at that level, it would not survive, I don't think much would, not even the LMS 5400. 1000 watts is a much closer long term rating and still probably even overrated, but a 2, 3 or even 4,000 watt short term peak power is fine for that sub and the LMS-R.
No one would ever run thousands of watts for days on end, or even 24hrs straight, few have the electrical to even attempt it, so i dont know why you keep bringing it up. If your audiopulse axis is tc based im sure it will take rated and then some for normal use, but this goes without saying: it best be good, clean, unmolested and unclipped power. no pyle 3k junk.

I run a new LMS-R with about 1500rms daily
RMS rating is 1000. Even at 1500 it looks like the sub can take much more.

Not sure if its the same on the new Axis line but im sure they will do more than rated
Im always confused when people say it looks like their sub can handle more power. Visually, what makes you think it will take more power?

I got the new lms ultra....now if i'm not mistaken the old ones were rated @ 5k rms? And the new @ 2k....well so far i have had a Sundown 2K @ 1ohm....a Powerbass 3K @ 1ohm...and currently the Opti6000D on it @ 1ohm.....and if any of the rest of the new TC stuff is like the LMS than i'm guessing they can take much more than rated on a daily basis!

I dont think anyone, anywhere, has built a sub capable of sustaining 5kw continuous. TC/AP has some nice products to offer, but I take their specs with a huge grain of salt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.