Audioque AQ4X90

i think theyve been out a month or two, i got mine almost a month ago and cant wait to hook it up along with the AQ components

i think theyve been out a month or two, i got mine almost a month ago and cant wait to hook it up along with the AQ components
The website wasn't reflecting them as available even late last month I believe. If only I had known about a month ago. I bought another Eclipse XA4000 about a month and a half ago.

How do you like the components?

SSPX0055.jpg

SSPX0056.jpg

the 4x90 is bigger than the 1200d

Very curious on how the comps sound myself ..
I've been runing the comps for quite a while. They are a very nice component set. The tweeter is unreal.

I started off running the components on a US Amps AX4300. They sounded very nice, and got plenty loud.

As soon as DJ got in one of the AQ 4X90's he called me, and I installed it in place of the AX4300. I honestly didn't expect the AQ sound as good as the AX4300. I knew it would probably have a pinch more power, but I thought the SQ would be lacking. I love AQ as much as anyone, but a $230 korean amp -vs- a $500+ dollar hand made in USA amp........ Well, I was wrong. I actually think it sounds better with the AQ amp. On MP3's I don't notice a whole lot of difference in the amps. On original recordings though, there is more detail with the AQ amp. It really helped bring out some of the mid bass tones that tend to get lost like snares or back-up guitar. I was pleasantly suprised. The AQ does about 1-2 more volts of clean power. It didn't make a big difference in output, just mainly SQ which is kindof assbackwards of what I expected.

I have the AQ mounted in a horrible spot, underneath my back seat. Most of the time I have that seat folded down, so every amp I have ran there runs hot. The AQ stays pretty cool really. It's about a 30 minute drive to work everyday, and it doesn't get much more than luke warm to touch.....a little cooler than the AX4300 ran. The AX4300 never got hot enough to cause problems, but did run a little warmer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Symon_say

10+ year member
You can't get me
Symon_say
Dominican Republic
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date