Audioque, what to choose?

Yeah my friend had a single 12" type r set up, it was louder than my set up now.. Im trying to convince him to get a sdc12 since his R got fried... I'm not really to concerned about the wow factor for one sub. Its basically the same price for 2 12 or 1 15 would they be similar in loudness?
i do like the sdc2.5s as well. my wife use to have a sdc2.5 12', and she was feeding it about 1100rms daily, it never smelled or bottom'd out. the sdc12 still works, she sold it to one of my friends and still beats it to death. but i really think the hdc3 15 would be louder in the correct box.

I'd do 2 SDC's off the 1500, that's what I ran last year. 2 12's on a sundown 1500D.

SDC's are as loud/louder then HDC3's up until around 2kw clamped per sub...

I'm wonderin which sub I should go with and im not sure if i should go for the sdc2.5 at 2ohm or hdc3 at 1ohm? 15" subs ... I have a hifonics hfi1000.1d at the moment and not sure if I should go with the 1 ohm load. And would there be a big difference between the 600 vs 1000? Because there is a pretty big price difference. Or would it be better doing 2 sdc2.5 12's instead of the hdc315?
Open to amp suggestions too for which ever set up, but im also trying to do some speakers off an amp as well so I dont wanna spend to to much.
Since your going chinese made stuff save your monies and buy Audiopipe ...Its just as good but half the price

UPDATE::: so guys my new trunk is really flippin big, i put my 2 12 box in it and have plenty of trunk space, should I try 2 15" scd2.5 15's?? I want to be able to use my amp still or I could do 1 15 hdc in a giant box

UPDATE::: so guys my new trunk is really flippin big, i put my 2 12 box in it and have plenty of trunk space, should I try 2 15" scd2.5 15's?? I want to be able to use my amp still or I could do 1 15 hdc in a giant box

2 15" SDC's will want 8-9cubes net, that's a big *** trunk box.

Im not "going" chinese made stuff the hfi is just what i already have.
I don't think you have much choice now-days...ppl argue on here all the time about which build house built what where...either China or Korea. There is not much "Made In The USA" anymore...just "Assembled in the USA" LMAO....welcome to the "New World Order"

Yeah my friend had a single 12" type r set up, it was louder than my set up now.. Im trying to convince him to get a sdc12 since his R got fried... I'm not really to concerned about the wow factor for one sub. Its basically the same price for 2 12 or 1 15 would they be similar in loudness?

you should tell your friend to get the new type r they handle 1000rms now it should be a pretty impressive sub now

2 15" SDC's will want 8-9cubes net, that's a big *** trunk box.
I know it should be big I have ye to measure though

What he said ^ What kind of car is this going into?
Its an 04 audi a6. So much trunk room.

you should tell your friend to get the new type r they handle 1000rms now it should be a pretty impressive sub now
i was trying to have him get a aq sdc2.5 i think its cheaper than an R but the new ones are nice

I just took some quick measurements maybe not the fullest i could go and this box calculator is saying its 9 cu ft with a 6" port. Not tuned quite high enough though

yea i used RE box calculator i am tuned to 34hz at 3.5 cubes and it sounds good I would of gone about 4.5 but i was limited on the trunk space... depending on the type of music you listen to 34-36hz should be good.
RE Box calculator is inaccurate. Might want to try something else, or just do the math.

I know it should be big I have ye to measure though
Its an 04 audi a6. So much trunk room.

i was trying to have him get a aq sdc2.5 i think its cheaper than an R but the new ones are nice

if you have an audi its gonna be really hard to get the sound into the cabin those think are built like tanks best bet is to go thru the armrest where that ski holder is and either build the port to fire right into that or a bandpass box just my 2 cents from past experience with audi n benz they are pretty difficult to get loud

The thing im worried about right now is running wires my battery is covered in plastic and idk if i can find a place to run them from the engine bay. Id just ride with a back seat down worked in my last car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.