Bad situation

Participant count
  • Participant list

lkraav

Hola,

Saab 9000 has 4" component locations in the dash and 6x9" with separate tweeters in the back. The factory speakers sound very so and so and I am not big on the rear speaker philosophy. Cannot fit my DLS MS5 5" components in the dash, so what to do? Is redoing my doors/building kickpanels for 5 or 6" components my only option of decent sound, or are there any half-decent 4" components out there?

get 4'' comps. for the dash, mount some tweeters in the a-pillar/dash. that's how you could avoid kick panels, then you could get/mak some speaker baffles that would cover up your rear speaker panel holes and give you a 5'' hole to mount your current comps in.

The dash has both woofer location and tweeter location for the components, so no problem there. But you are saying I should have 4" components in the dash and 5" components in the back? Why not keep the current 6x9-s in the back then and just sell my 5" set (I could still get at least _some_ cash back of the original investment)? But if I was to keep the 5" set, wouldn't putting them in the rear screw up imaging or create problems getting the two component sets to play together well enough?

sell 'em. so then you need a 4' driver and a tweeter. make sure and get the right size tweeter tho...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would make kickpanels and just put 4" speakers in the front. I would make kickpanels just because they are supposed to sound really good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.