Base keeps cutting out

iSLANDERxSE

I'm pretty new with the automotive audio systems so bare with me. I have 1995 BMW 540i completely stock. I have a 12" W7 subwoofer that is being powered by a JL audio 1000/1 and a Alpine head unit. I am running 4 gauge wires on both power and ground. Both wires are running straight to the battery since the battery is located below the back seat. I followed the instructions JL audio has provided to tune the amp. It has been working perfectly for a few months until now. Sometimes when I am listening to music at medium to high volumes the base will stop assuming the amp went into protection mode. I would turn off the radio and let it sit for awhile then turn it back on. The base will start hitting again then turn off. When the base turned off once again, I was in the parking lot so I was able to get out of the car and see if the amp went into protection mode. Unfortunetly the green light was on indicating that it did not go into protection mode so I am now confused. Power and ground wires are brand new. RCA cable is kind of old since I did find it in my shed somewhere with all my extra wires. Can anybody help me? I am stuck at this point and I do not know what to do.

Thanks for correcting me. I have not checked my battery yet because I did not notice any slow cranking or anything that a low battery voltage can cause but when I get home from work I will check it with a DMM. The amp was not hot when I touched it.

I have same problem problem for over couple of month n no one here can help but i end up finding the problem myself...if your battery is good its your power cable i ran two jl 500/1 to two jl 10w7 on 4gauge wire n it doing the same thing you have.i swap the 4 gauge out for 0 gauge along with the big3 n a power cap not i can blast it as high as i want no problem..hope that help...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.